Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Yida Hotel(Nanjing)
View Hotel
All reviewsgolden eaglearrived after midnightthe ground floorinternet wifioffice blockihg hotelshigh risesubway stationstayed only one nightroom upgradeenglish languagebit datedshopping areacheck in processmainland chinacomfortable bedbusiness travel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed in this property second time and once again I wasn't disappointed. Efficient check in and complimentary upgrade to a suite.
Good location, less than half an hour taxi ride from Nanjing train station.
The hotel is quite old however quite well maintained and clean. Clean and spacious bathroom. Comfortable bed. I had burger from room service and it was tasty.

Will definitely stay at this hotel again and with their great prices i recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
CPNJ2001, Manager at Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Sianziaren, Thanks very much for your recommand! As you said, we have a great location with metro station nearby. you may take metro to Nanjing railway station or Nanjing South railway station directly. Our room service offer you great food. We also recommand you to enjoy food at Spice Market or Angus Grill. We have a renovation in 2011, 60% of our guest rooms are over 60 sqm, which will leave you a good night. It is our pleasure to serve, warmly welcome back again!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

One night stay on 49th floor for business. High floor was quiet (neighbors next door were not!). Bed was comfortable and the wifi and TV worked well. Check in process is nice as you are seated at a desk with the front desk staff. Has a very premium feel.

The A/C had a hard time meeting my needs...I like it cool in my room and it struggled to control the humidity and temp. I have found this to be fairly consistent in hotel rooms in China.

The restaurant (Spice something) served mostly Western dishes which were disappointing. I had a bite of the chicken cordon bleu before discovering that the garnish on the plate contained a slug. The staff was horrified (more than I was) and wisked away the plate, but when they brought it back, I was pretty sure it was teh same garnish, just trimmed up a bit. I opted for the carbonara instead and it was quite below average. Breakfast on the other hand, I felt was quite good.

In summary - good for the busienss traveller, but skip the restaurant for dinner and venture out into Nanjing.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
CPNJ2001, Manager at Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Hi Dave, Thanks very very much for staying in our hotel! We really understand your experience. The slug on the garnish means that our food is healthy. We treat it very very seriously. We will carefully claen the food again and again! And at your dining time, we have already offered you more food free. The standard temperture of A/C is made by the government and should not be too cool, so that everyone can save energy and heal the world. It is our great honor to serve you, we warmly welcome you to come back again!

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Arrived here on a flying visit to Nanjing. The first thing that impressed me was the superb and seamless connectivity with regards to transport. Excellently located in the dead centre of the city with superb views from the rooms. Clean and tidy, spacious, a good breakfast spread and the warm staff. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
CPNJ2001, Manager at Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Ishan D. Thanks very much for staying in Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites! As you said, we are right in the center of Nanjing City! The metro station just under our hotel, you can take the metro to the Nanjing Railway Station and Nanjing Couth Railway Station directly. All of our rooms are on 37F~53F, which will leave you a better city view. Our breakfast contains hundreds of international food and local cuisine. We are very happy that you enjoy your trip here! Warmly welcome you to come back again!

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

The location is super and connection to the shopping malls, which is in the city center. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious because kindly upgraded to the corner room. But the elevator was slow and room is old facility which need renovation.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
CPNJ2001, Manager at Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Lily, Thanks very much for staying in our hotel. Right located in the center of Nanjing City, Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites is surrounded by many shoping centers, supermarkets, local food streets and historic spots. The metro station Xinjiekou Station just under our hotel. You can take the metro to the railway station, government and airport in the short future. 60% of the guest rooms are over 60 sqm, all of which were renovated in 2011 and will leave you a great city view. We warmly welcome you to come back again!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have stayed here for a few days just last week. Normally my first choice for Nanjing is the Jinling Hotel but I decided to try the CP, especially as I am an IHG member.

The hotel is right in the heart of the city, the taxi ride is around 150 CNY from Nanjing Airport. The journey takes around 45 mins. Entry to the hotel is located at the back of the building, away from the main street.

My room was on level 41, facing Xinjiekou...perfect view. The room was quiet large, very very clean and very comfortable. The bathroom was massive with a OK shower and a large bath. The bed was comfortable and the TV had plenty of english channels. The lighting in the room was not super bright but it was OK for doing some after hours work. The rooms may appear oldish but they are just fine Beds are comfortable. The room has the usual slippers, coffee and tea. I also received some welcome fruit on arrival which was a nice touch.

The aircon controls...I think again, these are over-ridden by building wide controls. The room was warm but I managed to fgure out how to turn the heating off for a much better night sleep.

Internet speed is good but it seems the rooms are on a different internet compared to the lobby bar. For example, my BBM was working using wifi in the bar but in the room I could not connect to the server.

The hotel breakfast was 88 cny when pre-booked at the lobby when checking in. The restaurant offered a good selection of tasty food but I did notice that the staff were not very attentive. At one stage, after waiting for a while, I got up and made my own coffee using the espresso machine. Compared to the Jinling Hotel, the service here was quiet ordinary. At Jinling, my coffee cup was always being topped up without me having to request it.

Other than this one issue, everything else was fine. The hotel nightclub is not really a nightclub but a KTV. A better choice for a drink is Jimmy's bar just 10-15 mins walk away before you get to Sheraton.

Would I stay here again? I'd say yes if the price was good. Jinling offers a bit more for around the same price but this CP is still quiet good.

Room Tip: High floors, away from the lifts
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank traveller_au97
CPNJ2001, Manager at Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Traveller_au 97, Thanks very very much for staying in our hotel. We are located in the center of Nanjing city. There are many shopping malls, food streets, historic spots nearby. The Nanjing Metro station Xinjiekou station just about 1 minutes walk from ous hotel! the metro line 4 will be opend at 2014 according to the government. then you can take the metro to our hotel from airport. All our guests room s are on 37th floor or above, which will leave you a better city view. We treat every IHG Rewards Club member as our VIP guests. All our rooms follows the Crowne Plaza standard and renewed at 2011, more than 60% of the rooms are over 60 sqm. According to the high occupancy rate, our staff are busy so we are very sorry that you are not completely satisfied with our serve. We will arrange more staff and take good care of every guests. It is our great honor to serve you, warmly welcome you back again!