I stayed two nights at the Crowne plaza. It's a typical business hotel, located in a good central area. 5 minutes from the Xinjiekou subway station, Golden eagle department store and a few restaurants. The service was great, the front desk clerk was attentive & friendly. And yes she spoke English, you will see that sometimes to find one person that speaks English in a hotel in China is so hard. No problems for checking in or out.
The suite was very large & clean, lots of towels, always had 2 bottles of complementary water. The bed is very comfortable, I was able to finally get a good night sleep after a few days of travelling. I really had no complaints.
What I didn't like too much was the breakfast was quite expensive, I believe it was 120RMB. I was rushing to meet my tour guide but was starving at the time. So I went quickly to get a bite to eat. I asked someone if it was one price or per plate, he did not speak too well and nodded. Since I was rushing, I just decided to go anyway. I barely ate and still got charged the 120, I think they should have charged accordingly but it's the price for the buffet. 120 is quite expensive for fruits & bread. The next day, I found a nice little restaurant that offered a similar buffet style breakfast for 42 rmb. If it's not included, don't bother, there is so many places around that area that will offer you a cheaper & better breakfast.
-great service & can cater to your needs (The spice market is open 24 hours if you want something to eat, the meal is brought to your room. They were able to make me something that was not in the menu without a problem, since I don't eat meats and such.)
-Location (quick access to the subway station, 5 minute walk, mall, and restaurants)
-rooms are clean, large and nicely decorated
-lots of towels and bottled water
-lots of amenities in the room that were for some reason hard to find in other hotels in China (bottle opener, spoons, glasses for wine..etc)
-some things are expensive: internet (pay per day), phone calls $$$, breakfast if not included and lounge (56-65 rmb for one drink), opt to go to other places around the area, so much cheaper and much better also
-if you need a tour, don't book the one from the concierge!! It is really, really horrible! The worst tour I did in my whole trip... An English tour is 300RMB for one day (which is a bit expensive for what I saw). You will be stuck with a chinese tour group,( and the Chinese tourists pay 150 rmb) the half that I had to pay extra went for that translator, that that barely spoke English. Let's just say, you will feel segregated & won't understand much if you don't speak Chinese. Find other tours agency online or go to the touristic sites by yourself, you will have a better time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel and Suites conveniently located in the business and commercial center of the vibrant city of Nanjing, with exceptionally easy access to neighboring corporate offices, luxury shopping centers, banks and other financial institutions. Crowne Plaza Nanjing, tallest hotel in the city, occupying the floors of 37-51 in a commercial complex offers a panoramic view of the entire city. The hotel has 282 well furnished guest rooms, majority of which are over 60 square meters, providing all the comfort and business facilities that frequent business travelers may expect. Crowne Plaza Nanjing offers two dining experiences. Angus Grill, an elegant grill room with comfortable surrounding, serves quality steak and seafood. Spice Market offers all day international buffet with a wide selection of worldwide wines. Like every other Crowne Plaza sister hotels, Crowne Plaza Nanjing, with state of the art meeting facilities, is committed to deliver the brand promise to make every event of yours a great success. Crowne Plaza Nanjing is 42 kilometers away from Nanjing Lukou International airport, 15 minutes from railway station and most scenic spots in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, IHG, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel And Suites
- Crowne Plaza Nanjing Hotel Nanjing