“What do you expect ? I generally satisfy as per my expectation, please see following”

Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel and Towers
Ranked #37 of 1,921 Hotels in Nanjing
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I am now about to checked out in one hour thus put the fresh comments hereby. This is my forth of fifth stay in this hotel and I generally satisfy so far. I agree with some of below comments the hotel rooms furniture is quite old and outdated but the room size is quite good as per what you pay.
The swimming pool and gym is fantastic which is one of the main reason why I stay here , frankly if the 6th floor (gym an pool) facilities are not satisfy my need , i would not prefer this hotel.

This time noted two items which should be definetly handed by the management , I noticed that they already lost control .

1. Beds are not good. Deformed and putting danger of your waist health.

2. The buffet dinner. I usually have dinner outside in Nanjing however this time would like to try hotel ope n buffet dinner. Omg. No difference than my former college canteen. The food selection is not definetly for westerners. And I noticed a very filthy smell in the dining room.

• Stayed September 2013
SheratonN, General Manager at Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Sekeseke01
thank you for your feedback from your recent stay.
i was most concerned to read about your thoughts on the bed as our beds are Sheraton Sweet sleepers, if you are able to contact the hotel (email SM.Nanjing@sheraton.com) and provide room number we will certainly check this out.
Regarding the smell in the coffee shop, i am aware of an issue recently with the exhaust above the grill not working correctly and this is being addressed.
obviously delighted to read your comments on the fitness centre, our renovation is continuing with rooms starting at the end of this year.
Look forward to seeing you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beijing
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel is fairly central and handy to both train station, nice expansive lobby and attentive professional staff. Downside is it lacks free Internet which is becoming near standard in China, and some parts don't have wifi at all. It also feels pretty tired in the rooms. Needing a good makeover really.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SheratonN, General Manager at Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Kauri100,

Thanks for stay with us in Sheraton Nanjing and contributed your constructive comments on Tripadvisor.

Just as you mentioned, the location of hotel is very convenient, however, the decoration is old and facilities is not full match with Sheraton brand.

We are working on renovation since last year, maybe you have seen the new fitness centre and it is full compliance with brand standard. The renovation for ballroom and Chinese restaurant is ongoing, and I hope the tower floors will be renovated by 1st quarter 2014, also refurbishment plan for rest of the hotel will be implemented step by step. And I think the updated product will be on the brand and reach guest expectation.

I really appreciate your kind comment to the bellboy in concierge, it is our great pleasure serving your distinguished guest.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Regards
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Just like a typical Sheraton hotel in every part of the world, you will never be surprised by the Sheraton brand.

The hotel is pretty old and its decoration is feel like more than 15 years ago, more like a local brand hotel. Its lifts are using the so called smart elevator where you cant see any buttons within the lifts, you have to click your floor numbers at panel outside the lobby, you may get confused and unable to make changes after you get inside the lift. I noticed that the hotel has assigned a full time staff stand right next to the panel and help every hotel guest to click the buttons. Obviously many guests have encountered difficulties to use the lift. I am surprise that a hotel will use this unfriendly system where you usually seen this at a grade A office building.

Another funny things I have come across is I can't get in my hotel room because the room door is unable to open by the room card. I was stuck at the corridor and the hotel staff has spent more than 10 minutes to deal with it and unlock the door. This is my first ever experience happened at any hotel/motel in my entire life. Seems a key is more reliable. Sheraton has given me an interesting lesson.

To be honest, I won't come back to this Sheraton again. I would rather try the new Westin which is also under the Starwood.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SheratonN, General Manager at Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Li

Thanks for stay at Sheraton Nanjing and giving us your constructive comments on Tripadvisor.

You commented the aging product and unfriendly elevator system, also door card system was not effective, please accept my sincere apology on not meeting your expectation.

The owner has invested on renovation since last year started from fitness centre, the ballroom & Chinese restaurant is ongoing, hope the 3 tower floors can be renovated by 1st quarter of 2014. On the other hand, around 1 million RMB investment will be put on elevator system upgrading, the centre control system will be replaced to improve efficiency, however, the panel will remain as current status as it’s hard to change entire system with ongoing hotel operation.

I have asked engineering to find root cause of key card issue that you mentioned, hope can be fixed as quick as possible.

Mr. Li, I am looking forward to welcome you back to Sheraton Nanjing and give us more suggest in the future.

Best Regards
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The location of the hotel is good, and is only minutes’ walk away from MRT stations. However, it is more like a local Chinese hotel, the rooms and decor are old and worn out, other than the bed and pillow, there is nothing like a Sheraton. Luckily, the room is still clean and quiet, and more importantly, the room rate is really great. I would say, if you don’t have Sheraton in your mind, the hotel is a really great value, but if you are thinking of Sheraton, you will be a bit disappointed.

On the day of my departure, it was raining heavily and everybody was waiting for taxi, and I saw a great guy from the concierge, running here and there, working very hard to get everybody a taxi, he is one of the most hard working concierge I ever seen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonN, General Manager at Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Terence,

I am looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Regards
Walnut Creek
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The lobby of this hotel is very nice and large. We checked in very quickly, the English was good and they had good help getting our bags to our rooms. Due to our late check-in (9:30PM) we were upgraded to larger rooms.
The room had a good size personal safe that allowed me to lock up my laptop and other valuables. The free Wi-Fi was very strong and Skype to the US work very smoothly. I did not experience internet “slowdown” in Nanjing that I have found in Beijing. The bathroom had a tub and nice size shower. The towels were large and soft. The double bed was good size a very comfortable. The pillows were also very nice.
We enjoyed a few beers at the “Irish Pub”. The decor was not quite Irish, but the beers were good. There was a two live performers singing current US music which didn't sound too bad. The singer did not know all the words, so she referred to the lyrics through many of the songs.
Breakfast was not included in our room rate and was pretty expensive for China standards. There were a lot of good choices from the breakfast buffet, both Chinese and western style foods. I think you could probably find breakfast locally at a better value. One gripe was there was no seating in the lobby while we were waiting for others to arrive.
I was pleased and will go back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SheratonN, General Manager at Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Kevin
thank you for sharing your hotel experience. Particularly happy to read you enjoyed the bed, Danny's and the internet was good.
We are in the midsyt of changing the band so i look forward to hearing what you think of the new band. Your comments about losing "the irish feel" are well received and we will refresh.
many thanks
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

After a gap of over a year, I was back here recently for a couple of nights. It continues to be impeccable, with big, comfortable rooms and beds, courteous, helpful staff, and breakfasts to remember. The welcome drink was also indeed welcome. The pool and fitness centre are great. If you want a change from the restauarant, there'sa plenty of choice nearby.
The only snags are that
a) it can be difficult to get s taxi there - the helpful staff go out into the street and sometimes need 5-10 minutes, not just in the rush hour - unheard of in a city centre in China.

Room Tip: If you have an SPG card, try to get on the higher floors. The views are good when the air is clear...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Rodney
thank you for the great feedback. I realise getting a taxi is a challenge at the hotel and in fact throughout Nanjing. We will see if we can try to improve this area.
Next time you return also our Chinese restaurant will be open following its renovation.
regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a brilliant stay in the Sheraton Nanjing, the hotel was beautiful, exceptionally clean, the staff couldn't do enough to help you. Loved every minute of our stay, cant wait to go back. We had breakfast a couple of mornings and it was amazing.

Room Tip: we stayed on the 40th floor, the view was magnificent
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonN, General Manager at Sheraton Nanjing Kingsley Hotel and Towers, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Sharon
it was great to read that you really enjoyed your stay at the hotel. In particular the helpfulness of our associates and the cleanliness of the hotel these are very important attributes to us.
Hope to see you again sometime.
regards