“Perfect Place”

Ranked #12 of 1,890 Hotels in Nanjing
Belo Horizonte
“Perfect Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Hilton Nanijing Riverside Hotel is a perfect place to stay during your visit to Nanjing (China).
Closer to the Yangtzé River, and is place so calm and silent.
The staff is so kind and helpful.
It’s a very beautiful place.
The room is amazing and the bathroom, that has a tube, is perfect to relax!

Room Tip: Rooms in the river side!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nanjingriverside, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Nanjing Riverside, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear valued guest, thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Nanjing Riverside! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

The hotel is located country side of city probably 30mins taxi riding from nanjing south railway station and cost roughly 50RMB, the location is right face to Yangzi river I like the room balcony very much it's a great place to clam down after whole day work or wake up yourself in the morning! The service was meet up with Five star hotel.

Room Tip: A few of suite don't have balcony MUST asking the room face to Yangzi river with balcony!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tumimax
Dear valued guest, thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome your group and appreciate your business. If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests. Thanks again for choosing Hilton Nanjing Riverside!
Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

After staying at the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai it is a quick wake up call to come to the Hilton NanJing Riverside and realise that this place is far away from achieving such quality as the Peace Hotel. The staff struggle with English, apart from a few supervisors. The rooms are clean and well presented but you can see that, although it is a fairly new property, that it is very quickly showing signs of poor quality outfitting. The breakfast setting is like being at a road-side cafe in Europe.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Warm greetings from the Hilton Nanjing Riverside! Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Besides, we have fully noted the problem of the breakfast & staff English you mentioned here and we will make necessary improvements & staff English training accordingly. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

As a frequent traveler to China, I have many opportunities to stay at different hotels. This is absolutely one of my favorites. It has an extremely "western" feel, the amenities are great, everything smells fresh and the staff is extremely accommodating. The only negative is that since it is a little "off the main drag of Nanjing", taxi drivers have a hard time finding it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nanjingriverside, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Nanjing Riverside, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Greetings from the Hilton Nanjing Riverside!
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and note that you found the facilities of the hotel comfortable. And very regret to learn that our hotel's non-ideal location bring you so much inconvenience. At the Hilton Nanjing Riverside we take pride in trying to ensure customer satisfaction, and all of us at Hilton Nanjing Riverside look forward to welcoming you back soon.
shanghai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I spent one night with the property on 06-June, booking through ctrip at a promote package rate that my room got free upgrade to the river view with complimentary internet access, including breakfast. So the room was upgrade to a nice view, I was so happy to enjoy the nice view at the belcony.
Then it came to the time that i came back from outside, then i found that there was no turn down service that the room was a bit messy after I stayed a while after checked-in. And there was no slippers in the closet. First, I thought maybe I was careless so I called operator to ask the place housekeeping set the slippers, surprised me that the operator had to let me hold on for a while to ask other people till told me that it should be in the closet.
Then the next morning, I went to downstairs to have breakfast, as I just stayed for one night and the only shoes I had was a 10cm high heel shoes, so I decided to wear the hotel slippers. I was rejected by the restaurant manager, a lady who is in a black uniform, saying that it's the public area, and my outfit was unqualified as i was wearing the hotel slippers which should be only worn inside of the room. And then I had to explain the reason, but got the same answer that I could not enter the restaurant. Also I was told that in case of felling down in the restaurant, I could not wear the hotel slippers. Not until I asked the manager if the hotel would pay responsibility that I might fall down with my 10cm high heel shoes, I was allowed to enter the restaurant eventually. So the key point was about the responsibility but not customers care??!! The time I sat down to have the breakfast, the guy sitting just in front of my table was wearing the "same brand shoes"(hotel slippers) who just finished his breakfast...
After I went back to my room, my boyfriend found he forgot to bring the shaver with him. So I told him that it should be placed together with other bathe amenities right next to the sink. (I took pictures of the amenities right after I checked in for the social posting, but now it could be the evidence, so ironic!! )Unfortunately we could not find it either. So we had to call operator to ask for it...also, we had to explain that we do not have it in the room not just could not find it... but still, no apology from any of the hotel side maybe these kinds of issues are quite common in the hotel??
By the time we checked-out, it was noon time, there were a few(less than 5) customers at the front desk... a bit chaos as only 3 staff was working, 2 front desk agents and 1 duty manager. But none of them organized the waiting guests, I came down a little bit late than my bf, and I stood a bit far away from him, also no one asked me if I need any assistance as both of us waited about 10 mins to check out.
Overall experience, the room was nice, but the staff need to be trained to get to know what hospitality is ... during the whole stay, barely I could see a staff smiled to us. The incidents with the room that there were no slippers and shaving kit, how come the operator did not report it to the duty manager as I'm assuming the room was not ready. During the check out, no one asked us if we had a pleasant stay which might be the last chance that we could tell our story to the duty manger...
Anyway, it did disappoint me as this should not be the standard of a 5-star hotel...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nanjingriverside, General Manager at Hilton Nanjing Riverside, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Ms. Wang,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Nanjing Riverside at your recent visit to Nanjing and for taking some of your valuable time to share your experience on line.

First and foremost, please accept our sincerest apologies for being unable to meet your expectations during your visit of June 5th. After reviewing your comments, please be informed that we have shared them with the related department heads, i.e. Food and Beverage Manager, Executive Housekeeper and Front Office Manager in order for them to take the necessary corrective actions and training to ensure that these incidents do not occur again.

Ms. Wang, we do value your comments as it is through them that we are able to further improve our service standards and offer you and all our guests a better experience whenever you stay with us. We hope you can give us another opportunity to prove that we are up to our promised standards. As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to our river view suite including all related benefits (breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktail, etc) on your next visit.

Please feel free to contact me or our Front Office Manager Mr. David Chen at David.Chen@hilton.com directly for any future reservations or assistance. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nanjing Riverside soon.

Sincerely yours,

Vlad Reyes
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was on a tour and stayed at this wonderful hotel for a night in Nanjing. The room is big and the bathroom is wonderful. Balcony view of the river is very nice. Free wifi at the lobby. What are nice, clean hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nanjingriverside, Director of Operations at Hilton Nanjing Riverside, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Greetings from the Hilton Nanjing Riverside!

We look forward to the possibility of welcoming you back soon. In the meantime we wish you safe travels!

Best regards,

Rick Chen
Director of Operations
北京, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

this is one of the best hotel I've ever stayed. the scenary is very beautiful. the building is good looking. the most important, the staff here are very gentle and helpful. service is fabulous. 这是所有住过酒店当中最好的一家之一。景色非常美。酒店很好看。最重要的是,酒店的员工都很亲切,提供了很好的帮助。服务一流。

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Nanjingriverside, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Nanjing Riverside, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Greetings from the Hilton Nanjing Riverside!

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our team members know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Rick Chen