“Really lovely hotel to stay”

Hilton Nanjing Riverside
Ranked #13 of 1,930 Hotels in Nanjing
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Wonderful hotel

I had a brilliant short stay in this hotel during my summer holiday visit to China. The rooms were lovely and I had the most wonderful view over the Yangtze river, particularly stunning at sunset. The restaurants were good and the breakfast buffet had a great choice. The staff were excellent, friendly and helpful in giving advice and directions to the local tourist attractions. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for river view, lovely at sunset.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Nanjingriverside, Director of Operations at Hilton Nanjing Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Nanjing Riverside! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon. Rick Chen, Director of Operations.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Nanjing Riverside

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We booked this hotel before we went to China, and we are so glad we did. We were looked after so well, the staff are so friendly and great at giving at advice on what to see and do. This is a beautiful property, with stunning views over the Yangtze River, fabulous sunsets. The rooms were, large, clean and very comfortable. The restaurants served excellent food, and my son, always found something to eat.
The hotel is outside the city, and it is great to spend the day sightseeing in the busy city of Nanjing knowing that you get to go back to a lovely hotel in peaceful surroundings.
I hope to return to this hotel some day, a definite must if you ever go to Nanjing

Room Tip: Look for a room with a beautiful view over the river
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Nanjingriverside, Director of Operations at Hilton Nanjing Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hilton Nanjing Riverside! So glad you & your family were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon. Rick Chen, Director of Operations.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Staying here right now & what makes this hotel stand out is its people. Sure it may not be right in the city centre but its a very short ride in & being out of town means it quite, Those car horns can drive you crazy you know. From the minute I stepped of the plane the hotel staff looked after me & made sure I worried about nothing.. The concierge helped me plan my days & the lounge staff were great with awesomw english. I will return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Nanjingriverside, Director of Operations at Hilton Nanjing Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Greetings from the Hilton Nanjing Riverside!Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels. Rick Chen, Director of Operations.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This may be one of the best hotel stays I have had in my life.
I booked a regular room, but they upgraded me to an Executive King room on arrival.
The room was posh, clean and well-equipped with a gorgeous view over the Yangtze River.

The lounge staff was amazing and helpful. They spoke excellent English and went above and beyond what I would have expected. I felt like I was treated as royalty. The food and drink available in the lounge was first class to go along with the amazing service. The staff was very helpful in recommending sights to see and made sure I was comfortable.

Breakfast spread was elaborate and of high quality.

The hotel's location is not ideal, but it is a quick taxi ride to almost anywhere in Nanjing. The lower room rate seems to compensate for the transport issue.

I look forward to staying here again, only next time it will be for longer!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Greetings from the Hilton Nanjing Riverside!

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and note that you found the facilities of the hotel comfortable and will let the lounge staff know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great place to stay if you want to stay outside the city center. It is next to the River and lately opened promanade along the River - it was flooded during my stay cause of the heavy raining. It takes around 20 RMB to reach downtown. As a HH Gold I have been upgraded to a Twin Executive Room. Everything about the room was perfect, big, fresh, everything working. The Executive Lounge Service is over the top. They helped with everything, from booking train tickets to checking the local pubs for us. Karen was especially helpful with that. The breakfast buffet is a great choice, they could only add some freshly squiced juices to make it fit the Hilton standard. There are some drawbacks though. The front deskt area, elevators and the floor area are very warm, probably the air-conditioning has been on low since the hotel was almost empty during my stay. Check out the Nanjing Massacre Museum as it is a great place to learn some history.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the River
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from the Hilton Nanjing Riverside!

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Karen know that she helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

It is typical (new) Hilton luxury: very very nice bed, easy chair, desk, huge TV (CNN, ESPN, but no BBC), nice bathroom with large shower stall (but no bathtub). If on river side, nice balcony view to the south up Yangtze River over Grape Island. (If not on riverview side, not so good, as there is a colony of enormous new expensive highrises there.). Air-conditioner worked beautifully and quietly. Breakfast was excellent and expansive in a lovely huge area graced by a bamboo forest! Swimming pool and fitness areas were beautiful.

Few guests; hotel is huge from outside, feels deserted inside. Most of the visible guests seemed to be tourbus groups or conference people. I guess that explains why the room cost is reasonable (compared to the other Hilton on the subway line within blocks of Nanjing Memorial building).

Desk staff excellent and welcoming: lots of English, will quickly order up a cab.

Location is rather strange. Yes, nicely on the river, but in a very sterile area far from central area of city. I don't think anyone would choose to stay there unless they specifically wanted the Hilton experience. Any travel to sightsee will involve long cab rides even to get to the subway lines (but that's not really a problem, as 40 RMB ($7) will get you almost anywhere in the city). It is a longish (10-15 minutes) but nice walk in good weather to the nearest neighbourhood small grocery store and to local real-China restaurants (not fancy; used by local residents).

Room Tip: Any room on riverview side would be nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nanjingriverside, Hotel at Hilton Nanjing Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Greetings from the Hilton Nanjing Riverside!

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and note that you found the facilities of the hotel comfortable.

And we are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced, if there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. We are always listening to our Guests. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

A brand new hotel facing the mighty Yangtze river, and although a way out from the centre and difficult to find for taxi drivers (never forget a detailed address card to be able to get back easily) it is a peaceful and idyllic location with friendly, helpful staff and excellent facilities. Taxis only cost around 20 RMB to the centre.

After a day trudging around the dusty and noisy city I was very pleased to use the brand new gym, swim in the brand new pool, relax in the brand new steam room and sauna (ok, you get the picture, it's brand new) and felt like a new person afterwards. Breakfast selection is amazing, and kept me full until dinner.

Only gripe was a load of screaming and shouting chinese kids, whose nouveau riche parents decided to leave their door open and let the kids run riot in the corridor at 7am. Made a complaint to the management who offered us both free breakfast. You can't choose your guests I suppose.
I stayed an extra night, but wasn't offered the cheapest room rate by the reception staff. This I found online over breakfast, and made the booking myself.

Overall, an absolute oasis of peace and tranquility in a countryside setting. Makes a nice change, and well worth the 20 min cab ride from town. Plus the price is very correct for this kind of hotel.

Room Tip: River view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends