Hilton Nanjing
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Shengte Hotel(Nanjing)
Fengxi Hotel(Nanjing)
View Hotel
All reviewswanda plazathe executive loungestrikers barairport shuttlebreakfast menu isshopping plazasuper closeroom temperatureexcellent hotelexcellent viewspeak good englishlounge staffwestern choicesdecent sizesouth railway stationswimming pool isbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at the Hilton Nanjing from 22 June 2013. It is a quite new hotel, so everything looks spotless. As a Diamond member of the Hilton frequent traveler program, upon check in, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite at 11th floor. The suite is very large, with a big separate living room, a bedroom, a walk in wardrobe and two toilets. The suite is tastefully furnished.

The hotel boasts a decent size gym and an indoor swimming pool. It is not located in the city centre, but a short walk will take you to an underground train station where merely 5 stops you will reach the city centre. You can also travel by taxi to the centre; it will take you about 10 minutes. Next to the hotel is a large upper scale shopping centre. If you are into brand names, it is your paradise; however, the prices are very comparable to those at home, i.e. Sydney. The whole area is a new residential development site with many construction sites going on, but I do not find noise is an issue.

The hotel staff are very friendly and attentive. I like the executive lounge where you can have breakfast, all day refreshments and evening cocktails. I must say, although I like the food, particularly at the evening cocktail session, it is more catered for Asian guests, more precisely, Chinese domestic guests. The majority of the food items served are probably not for every western guest’s tastes. The evening cocktail hour serves Australian, Chilean and French reds and whites, beers and other liquors, but there is no sparkling wines and champagne.

The downside is the wifi. The speed is very slow indeed. There is another area that causes my attention. It is the hotel security. Although each of its guest lift has a room key slot which is supposed to be used for access to your floor only, but this function is not in use, thus anyone can access to every single floor of the hotel, including executive lounge, for free drinks and snacks. I hope the hotel management will enhance the security measure.

Overall, I like this hotel. There is another Hilton property in Nanjing, i.e. Hilton Riverside Nanjing, so when you catch taxi, please ensure you are going to the right one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Miranda Z, Marketing & Communications Manager at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor.

In the new CBD of Nanjing, 15 minutes from the Olympic stadium, Hilton Nanjing is the official hotel of the 2nd Asian Youth Games, taking place in August 2013.Nanjing will also host the Youth Olympics 2014 with more than 90 participating countries. Access is very convenient and transportation is ideal with the subway station located 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Next to the Wanda Plaza shopping mall, you will have the opportunity to enjoy shopping and dining in more than 200 shops and restaurants. I Max 3D cinema with movies offered in English, and KTV for your entertainment.

I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy the wifi service and security measure, and I will immediately involve every concerned department in to improve.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton in Nanjing several times since it opened. The cost of staying at the Hilton is similar to other international hotels of the same standard. The hotel is located slightly outside the centre of the city but is in a rapidly developing area and is right next to Wanda Plaza which is a major shopping centre with many good fashion clothing stores. There is a subway station within 300 metres of the hotel. Hence it is easy to reach the city centre (within ten minutes) and most of the main attractions. The subway is very new so the trains are very clean and the cost is very minimal.

The hotel itself is very modern and well equipped. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and have good internet connections. There is also a good fitness centre which includes a spa and a 25 metre swimming pool. The hotel staff are very friendly and most speak good English. They have always done their best to answer any queries, book trains and get taxis. I have never had any problems but have no doubt the staff would do their best to correct one if it occurred. The main restaurant is on the ground floor and the Chefs come from a range of countries. This enables the restaurant to serve a wide variety of cuisines including Chinese, Indian and Western. There are also two well-appointed bars on the ground floor if you want to drink in the hotel although as with all hotels the prices tend to be slightly higher than outside.

I have normally stayed on the Executive Floor as my visits are for business. One of the advantages of this is the ability to occasionally have small informal business meetings during the day in the lounge. The staff there have always made my guests feel welcome and have looked after us well. The lounge itself is beautifully furnished and well laid out. Breakfast can be taken in the lounge but there is slightly less choice if you want to eat Asian food. The evening happy hour in the lounge extends from 1800 to 2030 and there is a very good choice of food and drinks which compares extremely favourably with most other hotels I have stayed at in China.

I have been fortunate to stay through work in many very good hotels throughout Asia and especially in China. In terms of my overall experience at the Hilton Nanjing I would give it a rating of Excellent!

Gerry

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gerry H
Miranda Z, Marketing&Communication Manager at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were extremely pleased with our associates high level of service as well as with the facilities available at the hotel. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience to our guests. I will pass on your kind feedback to all the concerned depoartement or outlet you have mentioned in the email.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed in nanjing for one night with my family. We booked an executive room.
The hotel is brand new. The lobby and the room are well decorated, with a luxurious touch.
The hotel is about 20 minutes from the city center, in a new development area, with a lot of constructions. So, the location isn't the best. It is beside a Wanda shopping mall, that has many different restaurants.
Price was quite convenient.
The staff was very friendly, but seems to need a little bit more training. Especially in the executive lounge I excepted more attention and it would be nice if they would clear the tables when you are finished eating.
We had breakfast in the lounge. Selection is limited, but it was all very good. Also here the staff should be more active in the service.
So, beautiful property and friendly staff. Location not central. Service can be improved.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Miranda Z, Markeiting&Communications Manager at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you had stayed with us at Hilton Nanjing. We put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience to our guests.

I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy our service and food offered in the Executive Lounge, and I will immediately involve every concerned department in to improve.

Thank you once again for your comments on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The breakfast service was outstanding! The servers are so friendly and always willing to go the extra distance to make my stay special! Enjoyed the experience, thanks. The bar service was excellent. I always enjoy the restrauant on the second floor, Chinese food is always excellent

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your dining experience with us and were extremely pleased with our associates high level of food quality as well as with the facilities available at the hotel. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience to our guests. I will pass on your kind feedback to all the F&B outlet and departmentyou have mentioned in the email.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here during a conference. The staff was incredible and everyone we met was able to speak English and communicate with us which was helpful since my Chinese is limited. Without asking, they even brought fresh fruit and a birthday cake to our room for my mother's birthday. They were happy to oblige any and all requests. The hotel is in a nice location across from the Wanda Plaza mall and one block down from the Nanjing Massacre Museum. It's easy to get to many of the tourist areas from the hotel and it is also right by a metro stop. The hotel is newer and the rooms are large and adequate. The buffet is decent. Our breakfast was included in the room charge. We also tried their nicer restaurant for lunch and it was very good. This hotel is a great value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Miranda Z, Marketing & Communication Manager at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor.