“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 1,921 Hotels in Nanjing
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton in Nanjing several times since it opened. The cost of staying at the Hilton is similar to other international hotels of the same standard. The hotel is located slightly outside the centre of the city but is in a rapidly developing area and is right next to Wanda Plaza which is a major shopping centre with many good fashion clothing stores. There is a subway station within 300 metres of the hotel. Hence it is easy to reach the city centre (within ten minutes) and most of the main attractions. The subway is very new so the trains are very clean and the cost is very minimal.

The hotel itself is very modern and well equipped. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and have good internet connections. There is also a good fitness centre which includes a spa and a 25 metre swimming pool. The hotel staff are very friendly and most speak good English. They have always done their best to answer any queries, book trains and get taxis. I have never had any problems but have no doubt the staff would do their best to correct one if it occurred. The main restaurant is on the ground floor and the Chefs come from a range of countries. This enables the restaurant to serve a wide variety of cuisines including Chinese, Indian and Western. There are also two well-appointed bars on the ground floor if you want to drink in the hotel although as with all hotels the prices tend to be slightly higher than outside.

I have normally stayed on the Executive Floor as my visits are for business. One of the advantages of this is the ability to occasionally have small informal business meetings during the day in the lounge. The staff there have always made my guests feel welcome and have looked after us well. The lounge itself is beautifully furnished and well laid out. Breakfast can be taken in the lounge but there is slightly less choice if you want to eat Asian food. The evening happy hour in the lounge extends from 1800 to 2030 and there is a very good choice of food and drinks which compares extremely favourably with most other hotels I have stayed at in China.

I have been fortunate to stay through work in many very good hotels throughout Asia and especially in China. In terms of my overall experience at the Hilton Nanjing I would give it a rating of Excellent!

Gerry

1 Thank Gerry H
Miranda Z, Marketing&Communication Manager at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this review, June 16, 2013

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were extremely pleased with our associates high level of service as well as with the facilities available at the hotel. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience to our guests. I will pass on your kind feedback to all the concerned depoartement or outlet you have mentioned in the email.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Graz, Austria
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in nanjing for one night with my family. We booked an executive room.
The hotel is brand new. The lobby and the room are well decorated, with a luxurious touch.
The hotel is about 20 minutes from the city center, in a new development area, with a lot of constructions. So, the location isn't the best. It is beside a Wanda shopping mall, that has many different restaurants.
Price was quite convenient.
The staff was very friendly, but seems to need a little bit more training. Especially in the executive lounge I excepted more attention and it would be nice if they would clear the tables when you are finished eating.
We had breakfast in the lounge. Selection is limited, but it was all very good. Also here the staff should be more active in the service.
So, beautiful property and friendly staff. Location not central. Service can be improved.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Miranda Z, Markeiting&Communications Manager at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this review, June 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to know that you had stayed with us at Hilton Nanjing. We put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience to our guests.

I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy our service and food offered in the Executive Lounge, and I will immediately involve every concerned department in to improve.

In the new CBD of Nanjing, 15 minutes from the Olympic stadium, Hilton Nanjing is the official hotel of the 2nd Asian Youth Games, taking place in August 2013.Nanjing will also host the Youth Olympics 2014 with more than 90 participating countries. Access is very convenient and transportation is ideal with the subway station located 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Next to the Wanda Plaza shopping mall, you will have the opportunity to enjoy shopping and dining in more than 200 shops and restaurants. I Max 3D cinema with movies offered in English, and KTV for your entertainment.

Thank you once again for your comments on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.
pewaukee
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The breakfast service was outstanding! The servers are so friendly and always willing to go the extra distance to make my stay special! Enjoyed the experience, thanks. The bar service was excellent. I always enjoy the restrauant on the second floor, Chinese food is always excellent

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your dining experience with us and were extremely pleased with our associates high level of food quality as well as with the facilities available at the hotel. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience to our guests. I will pass on your kind feedback to all the F&B outlet and departmentyou have mentioned in the email.

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here during a conference. The staff was incredible and everyone we met was able to speak English and communicate with us which was helpful since my Chinese is limited. Without asking, they even brought fresh fruit and a birthday cake to our room for my mother's birthday. They were happy to oblige any and all requests. The hotel is in a nice location across from the Wanda Plaza mall and one block down from the Nanjing Massacre Museum. It's easy to get to many of the tourist areas from the hotel and it is also right by a metro stop. The hotel is newer and the rooms are large and adequate. The buffet is decent. Our breakfast was included in the room charge. We also tried their nicer restaurant for lunch and it was very good. This hotel is a great value for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Miranda Z, Marketing & Communication Manager at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your kind review on Trip Advisor.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I've always enjoyed staying in Hilton hotels and it's no exception this time. The Wanda Hilton Hotel in Nanjing was modern and beautifully done, and I absolutely adored the lobby - the gold, shiny deco (usually not my thing), and wonderfully arranged fresh flowers and artifacts.

The room was wonderful too, nice, big and comfy bed, with bath and separate shower room. I was on the 25th floor and I had a great view of the city, except for the fact that a construction site was right in front of the hotel, with banging noises in the morning - not sure what they are building and possibly an underground?

The food was great, with a huge selection for breakfast. There are a few restaurants to choose from, be it western or Oriental. I enjoyed the breakfast, although I could not sample everything. I opted for the Chinese rather than full English treat.

Normally I would give the hotel an unreserved 5 star, but in this particular one, the lobby bar had the most inefficient service - I waited for three quarters of an hour for a sandwich when I was famished, and had to leave before it arrived because I could wait no longer! My colleagues had to wait at least 20 minutes for a beer! Efficiency is in dire need in that bar!

The hotel restaurants are quite expensive with reasonable food, but the Wanda Square shopping mall is right there by the hotel and it has an amazing food hall where you can try food from different parts of China - we had our best Sichuan meal there one evening which everyone enjoyed!

FInally, it would have been better if free wifi is included, rather than paying for it at the end of our stay. Make life easier for busy customers.

Anyway, I would recommend it if you're ever in Nanjing and I would stay there again if I ever go back!

Room Tip: Obviously a room higher up would be better, and less noise from the streets.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Miranda Z, Marketing & Communications Manager at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this review, May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy our service and food offered in the Executive lobby bar, and I will immediately involve every concerned department in to improve.

I
washington, dc
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here for a night in late March. The lobby was beautiful, the restaurant makes a good pizza (and service was quite good), and the room was standard (good, standard, but standard), and free wifi is a plus. The hotel is close, in proximity, to a shopping mall, which can also be convenient. Breakfast at the restaurant was good, a coffee bar always makes me happy, and there were a lot of fresh patries available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Miranda Z, Marketing&Communications Manager at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this review, May 20, 2013

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Not enough staff at the Executive Lounge in the morning during busy breakfast hours. Service is a bit off compare to other hotels I stayed with.
Happy Hour food and service are adequate. Can improve if more snacks like chocolate, instant noodles etc. are provided during evening hours (after the Happy Hour)
Road works in front of the hotel is a real hazzle for me to get in and out of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Miranda Z, Marketing & Communictions Manager at Hilton Nanjing, responded to this review, May 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy our service and food offered in the Executive lounge, and I will immediately involve every concerned department in to improve.

I am regret to hear that you are not satisfied with the traffic in front of the hotel due to the road renovation which planned by government to welcome coming AYG 2013 and YOG 2014. It will be smooth and tidy once the renovation over.