Novotel Nanjing East Suning Galaxy
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Qiyuan Hostel(Nanjing)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbusiness hotelnice hoteltechnology parkbreakfast buffetchef alexsuperb restaurantone nightbusiness triplate at nightgood sizepurple mountainsubway stationupon checktop floorwalking distancehotel is locatedtiffany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Perth
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This hotel is within a software park, right next to the Suning headquarters. To the taxi driver from the train station, it was the middle of no-where, but I don't thing city people in Nanjing want to travel much. We stayed there because the special offer was very cheap, even upgrading us to the 6th floor, which then gave us access to a lounge on that floor with free drinks and wi-fi. It really is a business hotel, but taxis are cheap, and it was also a good location to go to the Dr Sun's memorial, Ming's palace and the assocaited parks. Staff were great, rooms were faultless - our rate even included the breakfast buffet, which was very good. The only drawback was only one restaurant within a brisk 15 minute walk (outside the hotel choices), but we preferred to eat in the city. One warning - make sure you have clar instructions as to the hotel's address, as some Nanjing taxi drivers won't know where it is.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The hotel building in itself is great although the lobby is drafty. But overall nice rooms, a nice pool, lobby is ok. The kids play room is very small given the size of everything else in the hotel. The service though is terrible especially in the all day dining restaurant. We had dinner at the buffet and breakfast this morning and nothing was being replenished. the coffee urn sat empty from 945 onwards despie a number of people complaining about it. coffee, milk, tea, fruit, butter and jam running out early on a breakfast buffet open till 11 an hour early is pretty bad. similar experience for the rmb200 a pop breakfast. in both cases some hotel staff were also eating in an outlet where there is barely enough food for the clients. taste wise the food was extremely average. onr shocking thing was a waitress brinhing back two rolls of bread from a table she cleared. and although our room was nice and clean, the ashtray by the seventh floor elevator was overflowing yesterday afternoon and still was like that this morning. same in the car park by elevator. ithink the owners suning and novotel need to realize that a nice building cannot replace the basics of service.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The building has an interesting and appealing achitecture. The check in was fast and efficient. I fopund my room to be very clean and to be equipped with everything what is needed for a confortable stay. There is a balcony with a set of chairs. The quality of food in restaurant (had dinner and breakfast) is excellent but I found it a bit pricy. Upon check out, the hotel charged € instead of RMB to my credit card without asking first. To straighten that out delayed my departure and the check out time of the guests waiting in line behind me.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Novotel Suning Galaxy is a brand new hotel with an impressive lobby (if somewhat cold and drafty) and good staff. The hotel is new and everything is very clean and fresh. I suspect this is technically a 5 star hotel -- but in reality, I would rate it an average 4 star that needs work...

If your trip related to with working with Suning, the location is perfect for a night. Otherwise, there is NOTHING convenient or compelling in the area, You are very much a captive audience with very few options for meals and no options for entertainment.

The hotel restaurant was convenient and affordable with extensive working hours -- but the selection options were limited and food quality was only fair. As a Westerner, I found very few familiar things to order and the one I picked (a simple hamburger) was not available – I was offered a sandwich instead. Breakfast was better and the cooked-to- order eggs were good, but the other items on the buffet were not appealing (and I usually like Chinese dim sum in the morning, not here… ).

The main restaurant furniture had these strange one-armed chairs that were comfortable enough, but inconvenient to actually get into if you entered from the side with the arm (hard to explain -- but try it and you'll know what I mean). Also, the tables by the windows were next to doors with a SIGNIFICANT and unrestricted cold draft (recommendation: Invest in some better weather stripping all around the door jams). (brrrr!)

One night I decided to just call out for KFC delivery. I have done this in many places throughout China when I need a “Western fix”. Here, not possible! The center we called could not find a location that would deliver. I was told by the hotel staff, there was a KFC nearby, but I would have to take a cab since they did not deliver. I agreed to do that, but then we could not FIND a cab willing to take me (too close to be a "good fare” -- taxi's wanted a more profitable run into the city). The concierge instead personally took a hotel car to do a pick up for me, which was very very sweet! But certainly not something to be depended upon in the future.

The hotel room design on the surface looks good ‘nuf – but in reality it was not well thought out. There is no plug in the bathroom for the hair dryer (huh?), so I ended up drying my hair by the computer table. The doors in the bath and toilet open the wrong way (with the door stops on the side where the door does NOT open) making the space more crowded and inconvenient overall, especially late at night in a strange room. The shower has glass on two sides essentially having the shower overlooking the bed. Kind-a weird... I usually leave a light on in the bath in a strange hotel room, with the door closed or slightly ajar so I am oriented at night if I need to get up. Given the "open shower", even with the privacy screen lowered, the “bleed” of light from the bathroom was too much to sleep comfortably.

Amenities: The typical shampoo and toothbrush… but one soap (to cover both sink and shower), no conditioner, no razor, no robes. There was a nice little fridge with complimentary bottled water, sodas and juice. Also, there was a microwave which I have no often seen in other hotels in China.

In terms of entertainment -- if you are a Westerner, bring a couple of good books, 'cause there is NOTHING else, The lobby bar at night had no entertainment and the TV has several English channels but they are MOSTLY CNN, BBC, news. There was one movie channel. There might have been a sports channel… pretty dull and limited.

All in all: ok for a quick one-night business trip but next time, I will stay closer to Nanjing.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business