The Westin Nanjing
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Zhonghu Hotel(Nanjing)
View Hotel
All reviewsxuanwu lakegreat view of the lakeadjacent mallheavenly bedlarge tubroom service was excellentfront desk staffsubway stationspent one nighthotel lackswarm servicexuan wubusiness tripthe club loungenight staylocation is greatsame building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is my second visit to China and I was stayed for one month for business trip. I was very satisfied all of the services provided. Staffs, food, location, kindness all were very good. If it is possible, I want to stay again. Thanks for all and especially executive club staffs.

Room Tip: 32th floor was excellent!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, General Manager at The Westin Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear choongseok lee,
Greetings from the Westin Nanjing, and thank you so much for taking time to share your nice comments on Tripadvisor. I've shared your comments with our Westin Executive Club associates and thanked them for a job well done. I’m truly delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us during your business trip. Thank you again for your comments, and we all certainly hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

As I've stayed here a few times before, everything was where they should be.

During check-in, I was upgraded to the executive floor. Room 3208 was where I was put up. Layout of the room was slightly different than I have experienced but spacious nonetheless. However when I tried the next day, I couldn't access the executive lounge at level 33 with my keycard. Front desk staff mentioned as a Gold member unless I was put up on level 33, then I would have access to the lounge. Well, maybe I wasn't upgraded after all. Better luck next time. :)

One thing I noticed during my 2 night stay was the toiletries wasn't replenished daily. Good thing housekeeping was around so I asked for more shower gels.

Breakfast variety was still a great spread however it seems to have toned down a bit from my previous stays.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lcpteck
Michael D, General Manager at The Westin Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear lcpteck,
Thanks so much for having chosen The Westin Nanjing again for your recent stay, and warmest greetings from everyone here! We so much appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. Please do accept my apologies for any misunderstanding regarding an upgrade, and lets see what we can do next time! Thanks also for your very valuable comments regarding breakfast which I have forwarded to the team. We are in process of upgrading our entire breakfast, so hopefully you will see some very positive changes should you return to Nanjing. Thank you again, and I look forward to personally meeting should you return to The Westin Nanjing!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'm a big fan of Westin but on my first trip to China for business I wasn't sure what to expect. This hotel was everything I expect of a Westin. The location is great with a nice view of a lake, the food was good, the bed fantastic, the service really great and the whole feel of the hotel is very Westin. I stayed extra days to explore the city and the staff were very helpful to tell me and guide me. I ate too much good Chinese food and appreciated the pool to work some of it off. I'm looking forward to more trips to Nanjing and will for sure be staying at the Westin.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, General Manager at The Westin Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Grantmethis,
Hello from The Westin Nanjing, and thank you very much for taking time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. We are extremely happy that you again enjoyed your Westin experience and had a wonderful time with us; Thank you for your kind words about our service and Chinese food. We will strive to continue do everything possible and make sure your future stays at the Westin Nanjing are even more memorable and uplifting.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay The Westin Nanjing. The hotel is in a good location, and the interior is well appointed. The service was great as well, from the time you enter to the time I left all my needs were taken care of graciously by the staff. Linda in the Executive Club Lounge did an exceptional job helping me with directions, and making conversation when she saw me. She really went above and beyond the call of duty, and I appreciate that. The rooms were amazing, large and spacious with great views. The elevators people complain about are not really that bad, they seemed to be timed well, and I never waited more than a couple of minutes for one.

The only thing I would comment on that needs improvement is SPG Recognition. Even though I do not have a ton of points, there were various opportunities missed to recognize myself as a member. From when I checked in, to when I handed them my SPG American Express card would have been good times to recognize my membership. While it may seem like a small deal to some, mentioning you are a member and thanking you for your patronage goes a long way in my book.

Other than that, the stay was great, hotel was immaculate and I would definitely return for another visit.

Room Tip: Executive Club Level Floor rooms are worth the money, the views are great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Michael D, General Manager at The Westin Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear brian2002,
Warm greeting from the Westin Nanjing, I’m so appreciate you taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear you had a great stay with us and that our staff exceed your expectations, made you feel warm and welcome! I also admit that our staff should be more sensitive to SPG members’ expectations, our team will be more cautious in future, especially with our most loyal guests as you are. Thank you again for your feedback, we will certainly do our best to make your stays are even more comfortable and renewing during your next trip to Nanjing!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I didn't get a chance to explore the area as I only stayed one night for business, but I can attest to this being a very comfortable hotel. Service was very good and check-in was efficient, with an upgrade to the executive floor. While the walk to the room was a bit sweaty in the weirdly not-climate-controlled hallway, the room itself was excellent, with all amenities, a really spacious bathroom, the super-comfy Westin bed, and plenty of bottled water. Free wifi is also key. The room had a view of the lake, which I am sure would have been nice if it wasn't pouring rain.

The breakfast was also exceptionally good, especially for China (in terms of the Western food), but really by any standard. There was a huge range, and a number of items rose about hotel-buffet blandness to be really excellent. Some of the Chinese dim sum items and the baked goods particularly stood out.

One thing that really needs improvement was the bank of very slow elevators. It took ages to get out of the hotel just due to how long it took for an elevator to arrive.

Overall, however, I was really pleased with this hotel and found it comfortable and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Michael D, General Manager at The Westin Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear katiekins570,
Warm greeting from the Westin Nanjing, and thank you so much for taking the time to post such detailed and positive comments here on Tripadvisor. I’m so glad to hear that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and great appreciate you highlighting our room and breakfast you liked during your stay and it is so invigorative for us to continuously improving our service and perfecting the Westin experience to our valued guests. We are really sorry for making you inconvenience with our elevator problems, we do try very hard to improve the elevators situation; we shall do all to improve the programming of the elevators for more convenient service. Thank you for your valuable comments again, We do hope to welcome you soon back at The Westin Nanjing!