InterContinental Nanjing
Ranked #5 of 1,969 Hotels in Nanjing
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed in this amazing Hotel for one night back in 2010, and i have not seen its equal since then. This was my first trip to China, and i was amazed by this beautiful Hotel and its surroundings. The service was like Nothing i have experienced before, and the breakfast was extremely good. Everything you could ever want. I traveled with a group of friends, and we all agreed that this was a more then a hotel, it was a fantastic experience. Happily i am going back to nanjing for my honeymoon in april, and we are naturally staying at the Intercontinental Nanjing.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding you recent stay with us at InterContinental Nanjing.
We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we taking our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comforable and friendly accommodations.
Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

What a sight, what a view! This hotel, in one of the tallest buildings in China, is excellent. rooms are spacious. modern and immaculate. Amenities in the room (beds and bathrooms) are modern and state-of-the-art. We had a room on one of the upper floors, and the view was heavenly -the city, the lake the surrounding mountains. The dining area near the top of the building had equally magnificant views. an outdoor patio area was not usable because it was cool when we were there. The buffet food was sumptuous and offered cuisine from every major region on earth. Italian, or Chinese or Japanese, or European or American food preferences are amply prepared and delicious. A conference held in the hotel had state-of-the-art equipment and lighting. The magnificant glass decorations looked like Dale Chihuley's glass but no one in hotel staff was able to identify its origins.

But hold your breathe. Our views were obstructed some mornings by unacceptable air pollution. A visit to nanjing is a must. The Sun-Yat Sen memorial is very moving, and its location dramatically beautiful. The museum outlining the history of the Japanese invasion of Nanjing is devastating, memorable, and not to be missed. Nanjing is a beautiful city, with tree-lined streets and lovely boulevards. It reminds me of Boston (an academic and medical center) that has expended space and energy into esthetic landscaping.

Room Tip: get a room high up (if you are not acrophobic) and have splendid views
1  Thank lilacroller

Dear guest,
Thank you for your stay with us at InterContinental Nanjing.
We are pleased to konw that you appreciated the location of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests.Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations. Thank you!
Thank you once again, we look very much forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Spent 4 nights. Most impressed with:
1) hotel location: 3 min to subway Gulou station exit 4A, very central location;
2) view of the city: spectacular view from most rooms and its restaurants, a major advantage being the tallest building in the city (89 stories) and the 10th tallest in the world. Hotel restaurants and rooms begin from 45th floor;
3) spacious room: even standard rooms boast a large bathroom with separate bathtub, shower cubicle and a toilet cubicle. Other features: floor to ceiling windows, very comfortable beds, fast and reliable in-room wifi.

Limitations:
1) Breakfast spread looks impressive but one will soon find out most choices served, Chinese or international, somehow taste bland or stale, disappointing from the Intercontinental brand.
2) Staff at the door were not very eager to help. We were 2 people each with a luggage but were not greeted by anyone (and instead by a long check-in line-up) when we arrived by taxi all the way to the reception.

• Stayed: November 2013
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments have been noted and we have spoken to related department to ensure this will not happen again.
We hope to have the pleasureof welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

BF and I were taken by this hotel when we first got there: great location, right by the MRT; fabulous, well appointed room on the 60th floor, overlooking the lake and the city; and great selection of food at breakfast (which other hotels we had stayed in had got completely wrong). However, unfortunately, my second breakfast at the hotel left me with a severe case of gastro/food poisoning for the remainder of my time in Nanjing and my long (12 hour) journey back home.

We completed an InterContinental on-line review and mentioned that this had occurred, and also requested that we be contacted about it. Disappointingly, we are yet to receive that contact. My low rating of this hotel is because of this experience and the lack of follow up by InterContinental staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at InterContinental Nanjing.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments about the staff problem has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.
We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to InterContinental Nanjing in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel is, let's face it, gorgeous. The rooms, which are very irregularly sized and appointed, are amazing to blah (luck of the draw, I guess), but the really horrible thing is that the basic services are really inconsistent. The air conditioning didn't work in my room, so they switched me to another where it was only marginally better (I really hate to sweat while I'm sleeping), and the second room was much less attractive than the first. It was still too hot.

Furthermore, you have to pay for the internet, which only occasionally works. It disconnects you every 4 or 5 minutes. This is extremely disrupting when you're working, and this happened in both of the rooms I had.

If you travel a lot and are on business, you will find this very frustrating. Consider a different hotel.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel if you'll be spending a lot of time in the room.
1  Thank Paige F
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay wuth us at InterContinental Nanjing.
We should like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments about these problems has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.
We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to InterContinental Nanjing in the near future.Thank you!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Intercontinetal Nanjing is a very impressive building. It's location is close to the metro and many shopping centres. As a platinum ambassador check in was very efficient where the staff were excellent providing directions to my room on the 65th floor. There is a two elevator process that guests have to take, which I feel is a good security measure. You have to travel to the 45th floor then use your key card to access the upper levels.
The room 6505 was very spacious bed very comfortable with an exceptional view over the city although a bit smoggy on the day I arrived. The bathroom very clean with a huge bath which was very inviting. With the club upgrade I had wifi in the room. This was not the best as it kept on cutting in and out and by slow, a little disappointed with this standard of wifi for a 5 Star hotel. I decided to use the lounge to see if it worked better at this

My first experience of the lounge was not at all pleasant. Children were running around the lounge screaming which created an impossible environment to quietly work. I was very surprised that this is allowed at a lounge level for business people. Unfortunately instead of enjoying an afternoon tea whilst working I had to return to my room for something quieter and persists with the slow internet.

I thought I would give the lounge a second chance and returned for happy hour with a little work to do. The lounge area has a fantastic view over Nanjing and is beautiful decorated, lots of light and very spacious. At this time the lounge was very quiet and something I was more expecting of an intercontinental lounge experience. However once again very disappointed with the wifi. The staff manager must have moved me more than three or four times to get decent reception in the wifi. I ended up ion a desk facing the wall nit at all pleasant.

The buffet looked impressive with many things on offer however the staff are very distant and don't seem very attentive as I have experienced in other intercontinental hotels I have stayed at internationally. This may be a language issue that the hotel needs to address with international visitors. I was the only person in the lounge at the time so I don't feel they were busy.

Overall a very nice looking hotel with impressive rooms, central location however I feel that the level of service that I have experienced elsewhere at Intercontinental hotels does not compare. Staff are not rude and tried to be helpful but lack that special touch of customer service for international guests something I would expect at this level of hotel. I would expect all staff that work in the lounge to able to speak and understand English. Only the lounge manager was the only person who could deal with me.

1  Thank Easeylife
Zhu H, Marketing Commucation at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at InterContinental Nanjing.
Feedback like yours is very valuable to us enables us to monitor our standard, which on this occasion regretfully has failed to meet your expectation.
We would like to respond to you personally, could you please send us your email address and telephone details to teme.jing@nkgha.com?
We look forward to welcomng you back to our hotel again.
Thank you!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

A very nice hotel not far away from the railway Station. By taxi you need 20 min. The hotel rooms are large and very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is excelent. Aisan and western style are available.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear guest,
We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommdations.