InterContinental Nanjing
$79
Trip.com
$67
Novotel
All reviewstallest buildingprime restaurantihg groupfantastic hotelxuanwu lakeclub roomshower and toiletgreat view of the citysubway stationduty managerplatinum membertop floorgreat roomrooms are bigfive starspacious roomshopping mall
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel is, let's face it, gorgeous. The rooms, which are very irregularly sized and appointed, are amazing to blah (luck of the draw, I guess), but the really horrible thing is that the basic services are really inconsistent. The air conditioning didn't work in my room, so they switched me to another where it was only marginally better (I really hate to sweat while I'm sleeping), and the second room was much less attractive than the first. It was still too hot.

Furthermore, you have to pay for the internet, which only occasionally works. It disconnects you every 4 or 5 minutes. This is extremely disrupting when you're working, and this happened in both of the rooms I had.

If you travel a lot and are on business, you will find this very frustrating. Consider a different hotel.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel if you'll be spending a lot of time in the room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paige F
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay wuth us at InterContinental Nanjing.
We should like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments about these problems has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.
We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you back to InterContinental Nanjing in the near future.Thank you!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Intercontinetal Nanjing is a very impressive building. It's location is close to the metro and many shopping centres. As a platinum ambassador check in was very efficient where the staff were excellent providing directions to my room on the 65th floor. There is a two elevator process that guests have to take, which I feel is a good security measure. You have to travel to the 45th floor then use your key card to access the upper levels.
The room 6505 was very spacious bed very comfortable with an exceptional view over the city although a bit smoggy on the day I arrived. The bathroom very clean with a huge bath which was very inviting. With the club upgrade I had wifi in the room. This was not the best as it kept on cutting in and out and by slow, a little disappointed with this standard of wifi for a 5 Star hotel. I decided to use the lounge to see if it worked better at this

My first experience of the lounge was not at all pleasant. Children were running around the lounge screaming which created an impossible environment to quietly work. I was very surprised that this is allowed at a lounge level for business people. Unfortunately instead of enjoying an afternoon tea whilst working I had to return to my room for something quieter and persists with the slow internet.

I thought I would give the lounge a second chance and returned for happy hour with a little work to do. The lounge area has a fantastic view over Nanjing and is beautiful decorated, lots of light and very spacious. At this time the lounge was very quiet and something I was more expecting of an intercontinental lounge experience. However once again very disappointed with the wifi. The staff manager must have moved me more than three or four times to get decent reception in the wifi. I ended up ion a desk facing the wall nit at all pleasant.

The buffet looked impressive with many things on offer however the staff are very distant and don't seem very attentive as I have experienced in other intercontinental hotels I have stayed at internationally. This may be a language issue that the hotel needs to address with international visitors. I was the only person in the lounge at the time so I don't feel they were busy.

Overall a very nice looking hotel with impressive rooms, central location however I feel that the level of service that I have experienced elsewhere at Intercontinental hotels does not compare. Staff are not rude and tried to be helpful but lack that special touch of customer service for international guests something I would expect at this level of hotel. I would expect all staff that work in the lounge to able to speak and understand English. Only the lounge manager was the only person who could deal with me.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Easeylife
Zhu H, Marketing Commucation at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing the experience of your stay at InterContinental Nanjing.
Feedback like yours is very valuable to us enables us to monitor our standard, which on this occasion regretfully has failed to meet your expectation.
We would like to respond to you personally, could you please send us your email address and telephone details to teme.jing@nkgha.com?
We look forward to welcomng you back to our hotel again.
Thank you!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

A very nice hotel not far away from the railway Station. By taxi you need 20 min. The hotel rooms are large and very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is excelent. Aisan and western style are available.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at InterContinental Nanjing.
We are very glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommdations.
Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The check in/out was fast and without any complains.
The Hotel staff is overall friendly and competent
My room on the 66th floor was a wonderful experience and I did not close the curtain the whole night to enjoy the fantastic view. The modern room is equipped with flat screen TV, King-size bed and a wonderful bathroom. The breakfast buffet was also fantastic and very delicious.
A perfect gym with top equipment made the Hotel stay unforgettable. This Hotel is definately a five star Hotel and if I come back to Nanjing this Hotel will be my first choice

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our guest room made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.
Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Overall best of the 5 hotels we stayed at in China. Breakfast buffet was included and it
Was excellent. Finding hotel is abit tricky the first time, after you get used to entering the
Back of the building and taking the elevator to the hotel it was not a problem.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay with us at InterContinental Nanjing.
We were pleased to note that you appreciated the breakfast of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests. Your encouraging review wll help us constantly improve our restaurant services, and we hope to welcoming you back again in the near future!