“IMPECCABLE”

Ranked #4 of 1,921 Hotels in Nanjing
Dubai
“IMPECCABLE”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I am GLUTEN INTOLERANT and it means limitations at breakfast and especially if they are not big cities but in NANJING INTERCONTINENTAL I had an amazing experience. I have no words to appreciate how comfortable my stay was and thanks to the entire staff of Intercontinental especially Guest Relations Manager Mr.Andy Chuah, Food and Beverage Manager Mr.Giuseppe Losciale and finally Chef Michael.
Normally on business trips you barely have time for lunch or it’s barely a lunch so the most important meal of the day has to be breakfast and if you are Celiac things can’t get any better. I had informed Intercontinental on my last visit that I was Gluten Intolerant and Mr.Andy made sure that on my next visit which was on the 20th of April my Gluten-Free Bread was ready. On my first day for breakfast I had a choice of 7 different kinds of breads, cakes and Muffins and honestly no one can appreciate all this better than a Celiac, it just makes you feel so good and gives a great kick start to your day.
Apart from taking care of my breakfast every minute detail was taken into serious considerations, rooms were perfect as expected by Intercontinental Standards, I was greeted on my Check-In as an Ambassador Guest and upgrade was instant, all other small things like fruit basket and Good Night Chocolates were maintained as per the Intercontinental standards.
I have been dedicated to IHG group of hotels worldwide but Nanjing Intercontinental has to be one of my favorites, the property has remarkably grown in terms of service since their opening in 2010 and still thrives to provide its best. I had a great experience and will continue to support them as much as possible by dedicating my stay with them.
Thank you once again for the Impeccable service.

Room Tip: Don't take the Corner rooms as they have a major problem in reception.
1 Thank Abbas H
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to share your satisfied experience in InterContinental Nanjing. Our F&B teams provide nutrition-rich breakfast at 45th Floor Horizon Café. The safety and delicious food is a great way to set your day up for success. We believe that you will find our better service in your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Popped into the 72nd floor bar of this spectacular hotel for drinks with friends to be greeted pleasantly and served professionally. All round great experience, good value in a fantastic setting with stunning views. Well worth checking out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dcoulest
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at InterContinental Nanjing. Our hotel is located in the tallest building in Nanjing - Zifeng Tower, as the first top luxury international hotel in the region. You will enjoy the exclusive leisure of trip just by staying indoors with complete high-class business and entertainment facilities in the Zifeng Tower. We all look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I spent 5 nights at the InterContinental Nanjing in early April for an International conference. My team and I consisted of 19 staff. Lets start with my review:

Building: Building is 7th tallest in the world, easy to see and find while in Nanjing.
Exterior looks great, exactly what you expect from the InterContinental.
Rooms appear good, modern, nice.

Staff: Some staff are on it, others are NOT. I am a casual traveler, shorts, shirt, etc. I am also the CEO of my company and travel a lot! I honestly felt some of the staff were "snooty". Other staff such as Devin at the front desk were exactly what my impression of how Intercontinental staff SHOULD be. Devin made you feel very welcome and wanted. Perhaps management can sit and train with some of their employees on how to be professional and value their guests.

Rooms: Check the corners and you will see dust, trash, dead insects, etc. not what I would expect from an InterContinental hotel. Also, one of my staff had a huge cockroach in the room and at midnight, she almost stepped on it. Staff moved her to another room but that was it, no apologies, no acknowledgement the next day, nothing. It took me showing the Club that I had a photo before we received an acknowledgment from management which was 4 days later. It should have been addressed first thing the next morning in my opinion. They did provide my assistant with a free message, but still it took 4 days and me reminding them that they have cockroaches before they did anything. Trust me, if there is one cockroach in the open, they usually have a 1,000 friends in the walls...

Air Conditioning in Rooms: Every single guest complained about this in our group of about 100. My room was 29°C despite the AC set at 18°C. Staff solution was to open the window and walk away; but when I am on a video call to Europe I don't want the outside noise being picked up on my microphone. They moved me, but were not happy about having to do it.

Club Intercontinental - I am a Gold Ambassador which usually means that I can use the Club Intercontinental. Not in Nanjing! You have to be either elite Royal Platinum member or pay an additional RMB300 per day extra. Funny considering that I have a staff here for a total of 47 nights. The Club manager (Rosa or something similar) couldn't even come to the Club to speak with me face to face. I had to have the conversation with her on the phone while I sat at the concierge desk in the Club Lobby. I asked her to make an exception since we have so many staff here and her response was that "we got a really good room rate already"... So much for Club benefits.

Ambassador - As a paying ($200/year) membership holder, you have certain membership benefits including a free room upgrade, fresh fruit/welcome platter upon check in. Even though I provided my Gold Ambassador card at check-in I received no acknowledgement; no "Thank you" for being a member; no room upgrade; no welcome platter. Fine, I can deal with that and to be honest, the room upgrades aren't that big of a deal, but would still be nice to have it offered to make you feel valued.

Business services: Careful, they charge ¥10/page for black and white printing. That is approx. US$1.63/page.

Buffet: Was good, huge variety. Got old after a few days and if you eat lunch or dinner there, it is extremely expensive. Dinner for two without alcohol was approximately US$140.00.

Internet: Speed and connection was decent. About 3mb down and .5mb up, but that is fine for the region.

45th Floor "Lounge": Okay, this gets me. There is seating there and your staying in the hotel, so why cant you sit in the open lounge area without having to buy a drink. I was told we had to buy something or leave... really we have 19 rooms/per night for 5 nights and we can't sit and enjoy the view without purchasing something else?

Overview: Personally, I would try the Westin in Nanjing. I was NOT impressed with the InterContinental. Its a great chain generally, but not at this location.

Room Tip: Request a room facing the lake, otherwise your will sweat to death in your room. Don't expect y...
3 Thank KMALS
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we sincerely apologised for the experience you had while staying with us. Our Resident Manager has responded to your comments through an email attention to you personally and looking forward to hear from you if you have any other concern.

Again, thank you for highlighting the issues to us and we look forward to welcome you back soon to the hotel.
Gartringen, Germany
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights with our 4 and 6 years old kids. We took a standard room with an additional bed.
The room was not to big for us four but it was okay. The bathroom was fantastic and had a very luxurious look.
The restaurant was in one of the higher floors and we had fantastic views.
The breakfast was (for us germans) also very good and they offered a good selection of european food.
We enjoyed our stay in the Nanjing Interconti very much.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank utegoespalau
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear distinguished guest
Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback regarding your last visit in InterContinental Nanjing. Our hotel has 433 rooms and suites which have wonderful view of Nanjing. We offer Lake View room, City view room, and Premier room for your next choice. And our four restaurants offer you authentic Huaiyang dieses and Western Dishes. You can taste the delicious food while enjoying the amazing view of Xuanwu Lake. We all look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Recently completed a few nights stay at this hotel on business travel. This was my fourth time staying at this hotel in Nanjing. The staff is very friendly and helpful and work diligently to accommodate any requests.

The rooms are very good and well appointed, clean and quiet. Bed is quite comfortable, pillows good, towels are good, shower and bathroom very good as well. I had Club access on this last stay which was a nice perk to have.

The breakfast is really good, many choices and good food. The bar at the top of the hotel is also nice with some live music, good atmosphere and great views. Used the laundry service which was efficient and good as well.

Overall a very good choice for your stay in Nanjing, I recommend this hotel and will return my next visit to Nanjing.

Dear distinguished guest
Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback regarding your fourth time visit in InterContinental Nanjing. We were delighted to know that our staff and service helped make you satisfied. We all look forward to serving you again in the near future.
California
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Spent 6 nights @ this hotel and was quite comfortable. Got to love the view from the 7th tallest building in the world!

Not the best, nor the worst hotel that I've been to, but overall, for Nanjing, it was a nice home base. After all, it can be seen from anywhere in the city, so there is no getting lost!

I enjoyed the modern room, with the "centrally located," glassed in, bath tub. My air conditioner worked well and the room was well lit, well appointed, and clean.

The service was adequate as was the food.

Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear distinguished guest
Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback regarding your last visit in InterContinental Nanjing. We were delighted to know that our staff and service helped make you satisfied. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations to each of our guest. We all look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Checking in on 1st floor, taking the elevator to 45th floor, transferring to a new elevator taking you to your room floor. What's the point except for the view?! Actual room temp was stuck at 24C. Maybe central AirCon was not switched on. Room was beautiful in the modern Chinese style with an all glass wall separating bathroom from bedroom. Many in the staff did not speak English. Clearly with an ambition to become a five star property. Should consider to fly in a professional hotel mgmt team from Hong Kong to accelerate the process. Current level is not what you expect from Intercontinental.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear distinguished guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. During these days the weather of Nanjing is not stable, which makes us some challenges to maintain the in room temperature. So our Engineering team works out some solutions and ensures that the temperature in guest room should be kept around 22℃ to 23℃. We are sorry that the English level of our staff is not good. Human Resource department designs some English training to help our staff to improve. We hope you can visit us when your next time in Nanjing and believe that you will find our improvement.