“Still the best”

Ranked #4 of 1,904 Hotels in Nanjing
Singapore, Singapore
“Still the best”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is my second time stayed at Intercontinental at Nanjing, and its still the same awesome as usual. All the staff never failed to greet you and help anytime you ask.We stay at 60th floor on Deluxe room with amazing view.
Weather is cool at 7 degree, in the room its warm enough and comfortable, but during our stay on the fourth night the aircon is too hot and no matter we try to set the temperature/fan speed the aircon still the same hot. Hope this will be fixed soon :)
Overall we are very satisfied to stay there and will be back again next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear distinguished guest
Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback regarding your last visit in InterContinental Nanjing. We were delighted to know that our staff and service helped make you satisfied. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations to each of our guest. We all look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed one night here but it was great one. Room and bed are very comfortable and pleasant. However, the day I stayed was surround by smog. Therefore, I could not see any view from my 68th fl room. Staff is very helpful and kind. Definitely I will come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
minneapolis, mn
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Intercontinental Hotel in Nanjing has a lot of luxurious furnishings. I recently stayed in a room with two twin beds on the 56th floor. The rooms have very comfortable beds with down comforters. The bathtub is separate from the shower, and fills quickly with very hot water. The breakfast buffet, which is included with your room seems endless, with almost every imaginable option and decent american style coffee. The hotel offers an enormous room service menu at almost all hours of the day and night.

The staff, which is VERY numerous, is very attentive and eager to help. When one staff person was unable to answer my questions in English, another staff person was quickly found who spoke excellent idiomatic English.

When I arrived for my three night stay, the first thing I did was set the thermostat down to 20 degrees from 25 degrees, however, it never got cooler than 23 degrees, even at night.

Although the food at the hotel is good, the only remarkable thing I had was a 300RMB steak. The lunch buffet was 188 RMB plus a 15% service charge - while the food was decent, it was not worth anywhere near that high cost.

Trying to get a cab at the hotel is a strange process. The hotel has only "special" (i.e. reserved) cabs waiting in the driveway, which appear to be waiting for long fares (to the airport or to foreign company headquarters some distance away). To get a "regular" cab, you need to walk about 40 yards down to the street and take your chances - not a big deal on a nice day, but inconvenient on a rainy day.

The Intercontinental Nanjing is very nice, but, overall, I wouldn't rate it as highly as other folks on Trip Advisor do.

Room Tip: If you want a specific type of room which is non-smoking, be sure and request it when making your re...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear distinguished guest
Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback regarding your last visit in InterContinental Nanjing. May our management give you a call to discuss the situation further? We appreciate the candid feedback and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Clevedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel is stunning but the hotel staff is what makes this place such a draw for me! Everyone from the cleaners, the conceirge the recepitionist to the GM of the hotel are superb. They always make time for everyone and make you feel important. I have spent over 200 nights at this hotel in the last 3 years and alway eager to get back. My favourite thing is the bed to be honest after i sleep here everywhere else is a let down. If you are thinking about staying here you will not be dissapointed! :-)
Thanks Intercon. Xiao Pang Zi

Room Tip: A room ending in 19 has a good view (see photo)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed for a week and I must say that I really enjoyed Intercontinental Nanjing. Staff were always accommodating and ready to help. They are smiling often. The room service was great, too.

I fell in love with my room. I was on 58th floor (if I'm not mistaken) and it was spacious. I adored the ipod dock and the stereo system. Minimal volume but it felt like digital surround already.

I also liked their amenities. The pool, lobby, the restaurant. Breakfast was not that good though. food usually tasted bland, nothing remarkable.

I think I will choose to stay here again, should I return to Nanjing for another business trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The rooms are nicely laid out but very hot and noisy. No matter what temperature I set the thermostat it didn't matter and room never went below 26 deg C. Everyone I stayed with had same problems. Also very noisy with a lot of construction work and banging going on nearby. Restaurants are good. Good gym as well.

• Stayed January 2013
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear distinguished guest

Thank you for sharing your experience for your recent stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. May our management give you a call to discuss the situation further? We appreciate the candid feedback and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Nanjing
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Friendly staff, lovely clean smoke free smelling rooms, an incredible breakfast. WE have had a great breakfast here, coffee was American style, when we requested strong coffee, it was brought to us immediately and the gentleman / chef who arranged it came around later, inquiring if we were satisfied with the coffee!

I had a problem with my Iphone not fitting into the docking station, 2 min later staff came to fix it, Complaint - She took my phone and tried to force the cover off - Brute force = Damage! Fortunately I could get my phone from her without her breaking off the cover but would recommend that staff are being trained for these situations.

Dinner was at "Prime" Restaurant - I would NOT recommend this restaurant, food was mediocre, maybe we expected too much, service non existing. View would get a 10/10! After that we had drinks at "Prime" Bar Lounge, again, lousy service and the barman doesnt know how to mix a bloody mary! No salt, no pepper, no Tabasco sauce! We ended up hunting down one of the waiters just to get our bill signed!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear distinguished guest
Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback regarding your last visit in InterContinental Nanjing. We were delighted to know that our staff and service helped make you satisfied. InterContinental Nanjing is located in the tallest building in Nanjing - Zifeng Tower, as the first top luxury international hotel in the region. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations to each of our guest. We all look forward to serving you again in the near future.