“Kind, Helpful & Cant do enough”

InterContinental Nanjing
Ranked #5 of 1,969 Hotels in Nanjing
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel is stunning but the hotel staff is what makes this place such a draw for me! Everyone from the cleaners, the conceirge the recepitionist to the GM of the hotel are superb. They always make time for everyone and make you feel important. I have spent over 200 nights at this hotel in the last 3 years and alway eager to get back. My favourite thing is the bed to be honest after i sleep here everywhere else is a let down. If you are thinking about staying here you will not be dissapointed! :-)
Thanks Intercon. Xiao Pang Zi

Room Tip: A room ending in 19 has a good view (see photo)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear distinguished guest
Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback regarding your last visit in InterContinental Nanjing. We were delighted to know that our staff and service helped make you satisfied. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations to each of our guest. We all look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed for a week and I must say that I really enjoyed Intercontinental Nanjing. Staff were always accommodating and ready to help. They are smiling often. The room service was great, too.

I fell in love with my room. I was on 58th floor (if I'm not mistaken) and it was spacious. I adored the ipod dock and the stereo system. Minimal volume but it felt like digital surround already.

I also liked their amenities. The pool, lobby, the restaurant. Breakfast was not that good though. food usually tasted bland, nothing remarkable.

I think I will choose to stay here again, should I return to Nanjing for another business trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The rooms are nicely laid out but very hot and noisy. No matter what temperature I set the thermostat it didn't matter and room never went below 26 deg C. Everyone I stayed with had same problems. Also very noisy with a lot of construction work and banging going on nearby. Restaurants are good. Good gym as well.

• Stayed: January 2013
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear distinguished guest

Thank you for sharing your experience for your recent stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. May our management give you a call to discuss the situation further? We appreciate the candid feedback and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Friendly staff, lovely clean smoke free smelling rooms, an incredible breakfast. WE have had a great breakfast here, coffee was American style, when we requested strong coffee, it was brought to us immediately and the gentleman / chef who arranged it came around later, inquiring if we were satisfied with the coffee!

I had a problem with my Iphone not fitting into the docking station, 2 min later staff came to fix it, Complaint - She took my phone and tried to force the cover off - Brute force = Damage! Fortunately I could get my phone from her without her breaking off the cover but would recommend that staff are being trained for these situations.

Dinner was at "Prime" Restaurant - I would NOT recommend this restaurant, food was mediocre, maybe we expected too much, service non existing. View would get a 10/10! After that we had drinks at "Prime" Bar Lounge, again, lousy service and the barman doesnt know how to mix a bloody mary! No salt, no pepper, no Tabasco sauce! We ended up hunting down one of the waiters just to get our bill signed!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear distinguished guest
Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback regarding your last visit in InterContinental Nanjing. We were delighted to know that our staff and service helped make you satisfied. InterContinental Nanjing is located in the tallest building in Nanjing - Zifeng Tower, as the first top luxury international hotel in the region. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations to each of our guest. We all look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed one night at a 70th floor room - amazing viewes of the city and lake. A round bath (with glass) is located in the middle of the room - very nice! Needless to say that the room was very quiet... Great restaurants at the 45th and 78tth floors. Great breakfast and dinner with amazing viewes.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My first time to Nanjing for business - I arrived late in the night and had to check out in the morning, so didn't have enough time to explore the hotel. Lobby was small, so didn't leave much of an impression, but when I learned that my room was on the 68th floor, that I had to change elevators on the 45th floor, then it dawned on me that this could be one swanky hotel. In fact, it is a fairly new hotel.

My room was big and the ceilings were high. Near the entrance is the bathroom with glass walls, which had a tub, and separate small rooms for shower and toilet. Very very nice. Amenities were well-stocked. The room itself looked modern, and comes with a big TV. Internet is complimentary, with both LAN and Wifi available in the room. Bed was king-size and fairly firm (I like it that way) but also comes with 6 pillows.

Breakfast was at the Horizon Cafe on the 45th floor. The spread was good - Chinese, Japanese and Western. It was cool having breakfast, overlooking the city from such a high point. Definitely will return if I revisit Nanjing.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Truly a beautiful hotel - in the middle of a not-so-pretty city. My room was on the 71st floor and offered an excellent view of the city - albiet a little smoggy when I was there. The room itself was ultramodern and as nice as any hotel room I have stayed in anywhere in the world. Breakfast offered hundreds of options. I never expected anything as nice as this.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SuperTraveller2222
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013