“Best Hotel in the City”

InterContinental Nanjing
Ranked #4 of 1,952 Hotels in Nanjing
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I liked the Hotel very much. The Hotel is new, the highest building right now in Nanjing with 450m height. Also the Hotel is clean and it is calm. I liked the size of the rooms and the bath room completely behind glas. Looks very good. Also they offer free WIFI so I also had internet access. I can completely recommend this hotel for western travellers.

Room Tip: I was staying in the 51th floor...today I go there for another 2 nights... we will see I think all...
1  Thank Michael G
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for staying with us! It’s our honor to provide the qualified service and bring a wonderful experience to our customers. We do expect your next visit.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

When you want 5 star luxury in one of the highest buildings in China, this is the place to be. Luxury, Quality and location perfect. Hotel starts from 45th floor up to 78 (?).
When not cloudy, this gives a perfect view over Nanjing.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

After a ten year absence I returned to a city that was changed beyond belief,I did not recognise much of the scenery now hidden by new construction and the amazing Intercontinental Hotel which stands at over 400 meters tall on the Zhong Yang Road in the Gulou District,central to all points of the compass.This is truly an architectural masterpiece of steel,glass and marble pointing its way through the clouds at more than eighty floors.The building is split into varied levels with a change of elevators on the 40s which also serves as a restaurant,meeting place and cocktail bar.
The club floor is excellent and the choice of eating spots and restaurants is outstanding.
The building is very upscale modern and may not appeal to all tastes,there are some growing problems with heating in some areas as I had arrived on a very cold winter day and my suite was so expansive that the heat/air could not keep the temperature above 20 degrees,this was quickly remedied with a portable oil heater and my remaining stay was warm and cosy.
My overall visit was a wonderful experience,all the facilities including my suite on the 63rd floor was no less than first class,my views from there were breathtaking as I faced towards Lake Xuanwu and a panoramic vista,as to the staff if anything they were over attentive and so willing to help or make suggestions to improve my stay.As a Western business man I was a minority at the hotel as most guests were Asian or local Chinese,the cost to stay is expensive and proves by example that local business in China is strong and growing and I really was glad to have had this experience and would be happy to return.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is not a bad hotel but many things fall just a little short. A little bit grubby, the buffet food a little bit tired, the service experience a little bit under trained. After a drink in a completely empty bar, and dinner Ina restaurant with only one other table busy we sat in the empty lounge to play a game of whist with the family - only to be told we could not play cards as we may upset the other guests...but there were none! Two levels of manager up it was resolved but still not quite right. Also the logistics in the hotel do not work particularly well but this is an architectural design problem.

Room Tip: You need to ask for extra water, and you need to make sure you figure out how to switch off the biza...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry for your unpleasant experience. We attach great importance to your comments, and we will share your suggestion to our colleagues! We do expect your next visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hotel InterContinental Nanjing is located in Nanjing Gulou Square nearby the Xuanwu Lake. 450 meters high, the hotel is the tallest building in Nanjing, offering world-class services and accommodations. The hotel is only 2 km from Lake Xuanwu, 10 km from the Zijin Mountain, one of Nanjing's top scenic spots. InterContinental Nanjing is near the 1912 Bar Street , Hunan Road Shopping District and Xin Jie Kou Shopping District. The subway metro entrance is just around the corner from the hotel, and its convenient location is only 15 minutes drive from Train Station and 40 minutes drive from Lukou International Airport.
Hotel Staff If very friendly and ready to help anytime without any hesitance.Skybar giving a bird eye view of Nanjing City, please refer the attached photos.

Room Tip: About Nanjing wall - the City Wall of Nanjing was designed by Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang (r. 1368–1398) a...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Zhu H, Marketing Communication at InterContinental Nanjing, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear distinguished guest
Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback regarding your last visit in InterContinental Nanjing. We were delighted to know that our staff and service helped make you satisfied. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations to each of our guest. We all look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Tried to eat in the Horizon Cafe buffet restaurant. It was Halloween, place was not busy. Sat for well over 15 minutes without anyone acknowleging my existence while staff cleaned up and reset tables all around me. Finally got up to leave and notified the dining room manager who apologized profusely and recommended I try another restaurant. He accompanied me to Prime restaurant on the 78th floor. Lovely decor, attentive service. Ordered lobster bisque 90rmb, a steak 295 rmb, baked potato 35 rmb and grilled asparagus 35 rmb as sides. The bisque was good though not inspired. The steak was dreadful... easily 30% fat and because I had ordered it medium rare the fat was just gross. The baked potato came wrapped in foil set in a small dish (in a 5 star hotel), the 'grilled' asparagus was boiled and there were about 4 tips the rest was a large serving of stalks immersed in stock.
I asked for the dining room manager, and he was so much in agreement with me that he got the chef to come out and berated him on the food. This food was seriously sub par. He took the main off my bill and I went to bed angry and hungry.
Breakfast buffet the next day not much better. Poached egg florentine that had been sitting under a heat lamp too long so the egg was dreadfully overcooked.
Other comments... the main lobby bar is smoking only an impossible option for us non smokers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

It's turned out to be a nice surprise to stay at this hotel. The amenities are nice and the room has its functionalities laid out well. The restaurant staff are very good and gave me good directions of my choice of meal. A few friendly staff who go a good way to please customers. The training seems to be a "set menu", eg spend some time to order a full veggie dinner, which was good help from the staff. But pronto, comes in a complimentary small bite made of fish.

I agree on the other review on taxi at the front lobby which can be improved. Also it would be good to have the check in telling on the change at 45 floor to get to your rooms. But finding it was not bad though

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business