“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City
Ranked #17 of 1,969 Hotels in Nanjing
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a great hotel with a great location the staff and service were fantastic with super the best free wi fi throughout the hotel. I had dinner at the hotel,at the buffet the food was fantastic and wind included in the price.

Stayed: March 2014
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear guest,

We appreciate your time and comments about your stay at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City.
We are glad that you like our hotel. And thank you gives us highly recognition. We still very eagerly look forward to your next visit, thank you.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Overall, the stay is very good. The breakfast is excellent with many choices; the workout facility and swimming pool are in great shape and clean.

But there's only one problem: I booked for 3 people in a room, extra fee was charged for extra bed and extra breakfast for the third person for 2 nights. During check-in, I realized that they only have two people in their record, and I insisted there're three people specifically when I booked at holiday inn website. The discussion went nowhere (perhaps due to language barrier). The next day, I returned to the case and this time, the manager recognized the problem and the extra bed and breakfast were added back in. However, our first night's extra fee (without extra bed and breakfast) were not refunded.

Otherwise, the hotel is good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing the experience of you stay at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City.
We were pleased to note that you like our breakfast and swimming pool of our hotel, an aspect of our hotel that is preferred by many of our guests. For your first day extra fee, we are very sorry it did not meet your expectation. Please contact our assistant manager to refund it assistantmgr@holidayinnnanjing.com.
We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

You will not be dissapointed with this hotel whether in Nanjing for business or pleasure. I have stayed at Holiday Inn Aqua City for the last two years after staying in other hotels in the area and it is by far the best hotel we have stayed in. Its location cant be beaten close to the metro, retail and restaurants. I have been impressed time and time again by their quality customer service from Management to housekeeping all the staff go beyond the call of duty to ensure your stay is a memorable one. The rooms are large and modern and have the best bed you will find in China. Breakfast is superb and the breakfast staff are efficient, friendly and attentive. The dinner buffet is hightly recommended with great food and service. Holiday Inn aqua city is great value for money and consistently delivery five star service. If you are staying in Nanjing I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay in tower b so ask for this tower, the deluxe king rooms are great especially the ro...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your valuable feedback with us.
We are very glad to know that our staff and service made you stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality service, allowing our guest' to indulge in the best they derserve.
Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Great hotel for price. Lots of hotels to choses from when in nanjing but only one has a fun bar. They should call it the very fun bar. Bar girl sarah is a reason to stay for another drink or two. She doesn't understand sarcasme but she is great for a good laugh. Overall experience, including the sarah factor, 4.9/5.0.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank rostaloni
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Just back from another 2 week stay in Nanjing and I again found the Holiday Inn, Aqua City a great place to stay. The usual services and features were in place but I was impressed with some of the little things staff did to make my work stay enjoyable. I should note that this is my fourth stay at Holiday inn over 2 years so I do know some of the staff. At breakfast one morning one of the waiters (Frank) noted I was running late for my transport so he got me a takeaway cappuccino as I ran to meet my driver. The chef remembered I like cooked tomatoes with my egg so every morning it was there without fail. My floor attendants gave me a small gift to welcome me and had my room looking so neat and tidy. The manager at the Fun Bar, Sarah, made sure I was introduced to some other guests when I dropped in for a drink. The manager waived the fee to borrow the mountain bike which I borrowed quite a few times. The Front Desk staff were always willing to write addresses or instructions in Chinese. The Pool and Gym staff were terrific in assisting me in using the gym equipment. I had the 20 metre pool to myself most times I swam. There were many similar examples of service beyond what I would expect. I am looking forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: There was building works happening in the area so best to check which of the 2 towers may be quiet i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Had stayed for 3 nights at Holiday Inn. Overall experience was good. Room was big as we're on the executive floor. The hotel breakfast was ok. As we're attending a wedding ceremony in Nanjing where all of the overseas guests where staying at the Holiday Inn (as the previous night we're staying at Crown Plaza instead), so my husband had called up the Duty Manager - Covy for assistance if they could arrange us for the room early on the next morning. Luckily Covy could arranged us for the room. We're very pleased that the Duty Manager could help us on the room. The room was nice and quite big. Breakfast on the executive floor was quite limited, so we've choosen to go to the 1st floor. Overall impression was good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We got stuck in Nanjing on a busy Friday evening due to changes in our travelling plans, caused by pro-longed delays. Since it was the beginning of weekend, hotel occupancy were full in most places, and some places doesn't accept foreigner guests!! When we finally reached to the hotel, it was news from heaven that there had been a cancellation on their reservation. So we took whatever was available, which turned out to be on of the best experiences!
The hotel staffs were extremely helpful, and accommodating, who managed to find us a room with one of cancelled reservation. At that point, we were exhausted from the delays, and dramas earlier on, and was happy to settle for anything that's available. To our surprise, the room was very spacious, well presented, good layout. We were located on a higher floor, so the view of City's night were some what relaxing after a long day of running around.
The hotel is located in city's central district, attached to a shopping centre, so location wise its unbeatable, everything you need is literally steps away!! However, we were only there for the one night and had to leave next morning to continue on getting back home, not enough time for shops. Damn!! Well, guess that makes it an excuse to come back here again! :)
The bed was really high, and very comfortable, slept like a baby that night! This hotel had out done its branding by far, and had scored my points for sure. WELL DONE! Thank you for the lovely stay! Looking forward to come back again!

Room Tip: Was pleasantly surprised at this hotel, if anything, get ready to enjoy your time at this hotel. Fro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your valuable comments with us.
Guest comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests' feel it is necessary. Your encouraging review will help us constantly improve our quality even future are we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations.
Thank you once again, we look very much forward to welcoming you back in the future.