“Close to”

Ranked #15 of 1,921 Hotels in Nanjing
Troy, Michigan
“Close to”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

this Holiday Inn is quite different from what we have experienced from this brand. Good location near sightseeing and nice staff. The hotel is attached to a City shopping mall, well located; however, due to the construction, taxi missed the entrance, had to haul our luggages several hundred yards to the lobby. Staff were keen to please and service was excellent; took the advice to upgrade to Executive king room, only realized afterward that need to check out at 5 AM to catch flight, so the second day upgrade was complete wasted, did not think thouroughly both myself and the staff. Executive king room was clean and comfortable though! Breakfast is excellent choice of local and western options, superb value. Taxi to the airport was another minor issue; requested at check-in, when confirming, was told no record, made another request; there were 2 taxi driver on that morning, tried to get our business, luckly hotel handles it on the spot, without delaying our departure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to prvide you with a memorable experience.

Many guest choose our hotel because of the good location, but our service and product also very good. Espacilly our buffet breakfast, valued and many choose. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide confortable and friendly accommodations.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Hotel management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

When I was arrived in Nanjing, I had sme worries about hotel. Cause people were so crowd and most of them could not speak english at all.
But the hotel staff especiaaly room manager did know what people wants.
Also room facilities were very good. Bed were comport, room was quite. The hotel give a mini map arroun hotel and it was very convinient. Also a big
Also the location was good. Famous place for Confucius is very near and Big shopping mall is connected to the hotel.
Breakfast was the best from western to eastern food and from meal to desert.
I highly recommend this hotel.
for

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for staying with at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City.
It is great to hear that our staff were helpful during your time with us. Your encourging review will help us motivate service quality even future as we hope to exceed ever beyond guest experience.

Looking foward you come back to hotel again.

Hotel mangement
Eardisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is attached to a typical Chinese City shopping mall, within walking distance of metro station and Confucius temple, so well located. All staff were keen to please and service throughout was excellent from checking in to checking out. Deluxe Double room was clean and comfortable! gym was nice and quiet so able to cycle in comfort? Swimming pool was good size, showing signs of use with tiles missing but twice I had it to myself. The dining room is a touch tired looking but breakfast is excellent choice of local and western options and one evening buffet was superb value. All in all a great three nights, at busy Chinese holiday time which meant that Nanjing was busy, busy but we didn't visit for a quiet time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City.
We are very glad to know that your enjoyed your stay with uas and that our reception staff service and breakfast gice you deep impression. Meanwile, we will focus on our guest grooming and continuing to provide excellent service to guest.
Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us to feel quiet Nanjing.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is in a good location, the lobby, and reception are very nice. The rooms are fine and large- with a great bed. I would stay there again,, but the rooms (especially the chairs and sofas) could be a little updated and they could use a few more items in the mini-bar. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was great !

Dear guest,

Thanks for sharing your valuable comments with us.

We are pleased to know that you appreciated our service and breakfast. Your encourage review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest expectations. Meanwile, we are planning to upgrade the room facilities that you metion sofa and chairs. We hope to welcoming you back in the future.

Enfield
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were kept in Nanjing after a conference by the typhoon in Honk Kong which meant our flight was cancelled; Dragon Air were great and put us up at the Holiday Inn. I'm really impressed with the place. The room is clean and spacious, nice view, nice bathtub - great beds. Very fast wifi in the room, too, so I was able to keep working. Thank you Dragon Air; Thank you Holiday Inn!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments with us.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our room facilities made your stay experience more confortable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality service, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.

Thank you once again, we look very much forward to welcoming you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Started off my stay with friendly staff at front desk. Felt welcomed by smile on their faces. The room is spacious, as well as the bathroom. Being 6ft tall this is a very rare room in which I find a bed long enough for me, not having to sleep "across".

The only disappointment was that housekeeping never came to make up my room. But when I called them for replenishing what I needed, they came back to me in no time.

Location was perfect - right next to a big shopping mall. Lots of international brands featured. On the basement of the mall is a supermarket and a big food court where you can find up to 30 different outlets. Plenty of meal choices out there.

It takes less than 10 minutes walking to the closest subway station. On the way you would pass by KFC if that's your preference for meal.

Enjoyed my stay a lot, would definitely love to be there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for stay with us at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City.
We are pleased to know that you apprciated the location fo our hotel and staff service. Your encourging review will help us constantly improve our quality even further as we hope to exceed over and beyond our guest experience. Thank you!

We look very much forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just travelled there 2 days ago. Decide to stay weekend in Nanjing after a business meeting there instead of Wuxi and thought an International hotel chain would make my stay more pleasant just like Hilton Double Tree in Wuxi which I stayed the week before. Boy, was I in for a surprise!

Room aircon was not working at all and the room was hot. Called the reception to fix it or get me a fan. Before I could said anything further, they choose the later option - big mistake, I should have insisted on a room change. Fan was actually a blower, a very noisy one - keep me awake all night. No one even offered or attempt to fix the aircon over my entire weekend stay.

It was an executive room so I get to have breakfast at 6th floor away from the crowd on the 5th floor. When I asked for scramble eggs on a Sunday morning (I was the only hotel guest in the executive breakfast 6th floor room), I was told I have to wait at least 1/2 hour..! I said forget it.. I am going to the 5th floor where everyone is. So much for executive service.

Order beef noodles on Sat night.. it was so salty. When I complain to the restaurant manager, he just offered me a free can of coke. Mmm.. they don't seem to take guest complain very seriously, just like the aircon issue. Shouldn't he offer to waive the charges or ask the cook to re-do it? I just had to get out of he hotel and look for KFC for my dinner instead.

Holiday Inn - a 5 stars? I don't t think so. Will I stay in another Holiday Inn - it will be bottom on my hotel list. Will I stay or recommend anyone Holiday Inn Nanjing - NEVER.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay with us at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into. We ensure these will not happen again.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.