“Still a great stay”

Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City
Ranked #16 of 1,969 Hotels in Nanjing
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have stayed for another 2 weeks at this Hotel and I find it hard to fault it. Staff are brilliant and very helpful. English speaking staff are at the serivce desk to assist your every request.
The staff will assist in writing in chinese whatever you are seeking..restaurant, shopping haircut ..

And borrow the mountain bike and go riding. It is a great way to see Nanjing. I will leave my bike helmet there for you to use. You will be one of the few people in Nanjing with a helmet but it could be safer for you.

I love the breakfast ..still. This visit I mentioned I like cooked tomato with my egg and slice of bacon to the chef. Since then, i have my own special serving of cooked tomato.

The managers, Adrian (who is French i think), Kitty and Judy plus others will solve any problems you have. Just ask. they are brilliant and have trained great staff.

I wont go on about the facilities. Everything is to a high standard and it works well. The only negative this trip was the beautiful swimming pool was out of action for repairs. It should be in action in May.

I still say this is the best of the 5 hotels i have stayed at in Nanjing over a 4-5 year period I have been coming here. My teaching colleagues also agree with this comment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest:

We appreciate your time and comments about your stay at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City.
We are glad that you like our hotel. And thank you gives us highly recognition. We still very eagerly look forward to your next visit, thank you!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Only there over night so little chance to form an opinion on the location or restaurant. Room was comfortable, clean and a good size. Breakfast good. Everything you would expect from Holiday Inn. Good for business

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Only short time but we still feel your good experience in our hotel. We are waiting you next long-stay in our hotel and enjoy our other facilities and service. We will introduce our Nanjing culture and style to you next time.

Best regards!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Although not in the city centre, this hotel is conveniently located for a tourist. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is part of the large Aqua City shopping centre, within walking distance of Confucius Temple and the adjacent shopping/recreation area; it is also close to a metro station for easy access to other parts of the city. Other reviewers have given (very helpful) directions to/from the station. It is worth mentioning that, as there is no escalator from street level, you must walk up or down steps to leave/enter the station.

We had a nicely furnished and reasonably spacious room on the Executive floor, which we thought was good value. Besides possibly providing a better room, the modest extra cost also provided breakfast each morning and alcoholic drinks with food each evening, as well as 2 items of free laundry per day. While we were staying in the hotel, the club lounge was unstaffed before 14.30 each day; a nice breakfast was provided in the restaurant, and complimentary drinks were provided in the lobby bar before 14.30.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MSDSK
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Another trip to Nanjing and so back to the wonderful Holiday Inn. It is still very good and on this visit the staff again looked after me very well. the staff are great but you must make an effort to engage them. Try just a little bit of Chinese. Special mention to: the breakfast..brilliant it covers everyone's tastes; borrow the mountain bike to explore the city; the swimming pool and gym are terrific, maximum numbers using it with me were 4 swimmers.

Tony and the staff suggested some places to eat and to go for a drink. In aqua City try the banana leaf and the chilli Chinese restaurant on level 4. Both are great and pretty good value. For a drink you cannot beat Finnigan' s Wake on a Sunday night. There is a great duo singing all my favourites ... Doobies Bros, Crosby Stills Nash and Young and so on. Ask at reception to find it as it is not far but tricky to find. Don't bother with Blue Sky Bar or Ellen's in Shanghai Lu but DO go to the Beijing Duck restaurant next door to Blue Sky Bar. for some fun try Paulina's German Beer restaurant not far from Blue Sky Bar It is a funny night but be ready for the gay band. They are pretty outrageous. Normally I would recommend a visit to the 1912 nightclub precinct and the Blue Marlin Bar as they normally have great live music but my 2 favourite singers are gone and with them the reason to visit. However I did visit a brilliant teppanyaki restaurant in 1912. you MUST go there.

Room Tip: I think I was in block a and it is a bit noises with building happening next door. try block b
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HI-Nanjing-Aqua-City, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

It is our great pleasure to have you stay in Holiday Inn Nanjing Aqua City!
Very appreciate your good comments for our hotel. We constantly strive to improve on services, and therefore value your feedback.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have just spent 3 weeks at the holiday inn at aqua city in nanjing and I can't fault it. I have stayed at 4 other hotels in nanjing and nothing compares with this hotel. After a tiring flight from Australia it was lovely to be greeted by english speaking staff who checked me in efficiently and with a smile. I was in tower b but my colleague was in tower a and we were both happy with our rooms. Decor is nice and the beds are so soft and comfortable. Especially good is the shower which has good pressure and is hot. Linen was of good quality and changed daily. After a long day at work it was good to be able to go to the well equipped gym or have a swim in the pool. Breakfast was superior to any of the other hotels I have stayed - western, Chinese, a whole smorgasbord of excellent fresh food. Dinner is a bit pricier but the choice and quality makes it worthwhile. Extra touches is the turn down service at night - thanks to the lovely friendly lady who left the choc each night. And of course thanks to Tony who always makes my colleagues and I feel at home. Would recommend this hotel to anyone - business workers, families, tourists - close to aqua city shopping and very good restaurants, subway, sightseeing.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have stayed in all the 5 star hotels in nanjing and decided to try this holiday inn since it is rated higher than most of the 5 stars here, and boy was it a mistake. I struggle to find the reason why this hotel is rated so highly. The location is next to the aqua city mall and thus convenient for quick bites, but certainly not a unique asset. The lobby looks 4 star and the check in was acceptable. The room is very disappointing for its tripadvisor rating. It's very 1990s, uses horrible brown all over and has no shower. The shower head is horrible and doesn't stay still when you try to shower in the icky bathtub. The towels are old and don't absorb water. I skipped the hotel breakfast as I know it would suck and ate at the mall next door. The pool didn't look that appealing so I skipped that too. Overall, very average hotel that tricks people looking at the tripadvisor list, a big yuck from me

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bcheong
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Really nice hotel in central location next to shopping centre with good eateries. The stand out of this hotel is the staff who are friendly, efficient and go out of their way to help you. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012