“Nice ambience and food”

Neighborhood: Central
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice ambience and food”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Best thing about this place was the ambience - so cute - but actually that goes for a lot of places in Soho. Lovely terrace area right next to the escalator.

Food was also quite nice. Lots of vegetarian tapas to eat!

Good place for a date.

Visited January 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food...poor service”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I walk by this place frequently when taking the escalator home and sitting on the roof deck of Stauntons always intrigues me so we Finally stopped in tonight. We got the Mediterranean platter with hummus, tzatziki and babaganoush, all were delicious with what tasted like fresh made pita bread. Next, the coil garlic prawns and chicken kabobs stole the night and finally the asparagus and mushrooms was a nice fresh edition. The food was so good that we will come back again but it was probably one of the worst service experiences I have had in 5 months in Hong Kong. The servers took forever to order, never came and checked on anything , the servers were always talking inside or eating and not paying attention and lastly, the kabobs (which were probably the best part of the whole meal) came out nearly 10min after we finished the rest of out meal.

1 Thank Shelliu
“A Total Bummer”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We've lived in HK for the past three years, and we are always looking to try something new. When we heard it was on the escalators, I was a bit leary, but there are a handful of really great restaurants on the escalators (Motorino, Life...), and I love Mediterraneant food, so we gave it a go. What a complete disappointment.

I like to start with the positives: the outdoor seating on the first floor was nice, but, again, I would prefer to be on the rooftop of Life to hearing the sounds of the Happy Hour crowd just a few meters below. That's the only positive, and even that was a bit of a stretch.

The food--overpriced and mediocre at best. Three small scoops of tapas (hummous, baba and tzatziki) and a bit of pita for HK$158?! Overcooked garlic shrimp? A pizza that tasted and looked like it had been pulled out of the freezer in a box? I hate like heck to give up my favorite restaurants which are already difficult to get into for a reservation, but here goes: if you want anything Med or Lebanese, go to Sumac. Tapas? Hit Enoteca. Garlic shrimp? Tapeo, hands down, the best around. Pizza...Motorino or Pizza Express if you're with the kiddos.

Wine was fine. Ambience okay. Way too many smokers on the deck for my liking. I won't be returning, and I have to say, all of the "five star and four star reviews" must be from tourists. You don't have to look to far away to get great food, better prices and a bit of ambience.

Sorry, Scirocco, the only hot air we're feeling about you is the lame reviews.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BruyereinHK
Hong Kong, China
“Best outdoor balcony restaurant in SoHo”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Excellent Tapas, great location. Good range of drinks to spend a sunny afternoon. Gets quite hot here, but beautiful outdoor area.

Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“A great quiet ambience in bustling Soho”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We went Scirocco on a Sunday evening and Stauntons, the bar downstairs was really busy. After climbing the narrow staircase we were shown to our table on the balcony which was almost serene in comparison. We found the food to be really excellent and after a cocktail, opted not to have mains but instead shared a couple of tapas, a mixed antipasto and a pizza. The service was very friendly and the prices most reasonable. We are planning to visit again before departing Hong Kong.

Visited June 2013