Ruth's Chris Steak House Tsimshatsui East
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House originated from New Orleans , bring you the southern U.S. hospitality here in Hong Kong.Great steaks, grilled to perfection, served Sizzling (our Trademark), Our new store in TST East is at the 1st floor Tsim Sha Tsui Centre.We have a great Harbor view and we have the perfect location for a romantic evening or a business dinner, or bring your family and enjoy our private rooms.Great place, great food, and great Hospitality.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was located near the HK Science Museum. Since we came in from an outing, we were not dressed well but they still served us well.

Steak was very good; service was excellent. I think my photos would speak for the food! No room for dessert.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Went here with my wife last year. Had a wonderful meal, straightforward steak (cooked perfectly with a good crust), frites, creamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms, bottle of Bordeaux, etc. Comfort food done well, no re-inventing of the wheel; just good food done right.

Reception/Service was snobbish with an entitled attitude/not friendly, and a few of the staff have been there too long, as in 20 years too long; and they seem to pick and choose who they believe will be the 'big tippers' and focus on them and ignore the rest, (I tip around the 20% minimum range regardless of the mandatory inclusive 10% service charge, much to the chagrin of the missus...). Service was the downfall, but might still go back (love the classics once in awhile), but not cheap.

Ambience is outdated, and a little like my grandmothers dining room (not in a good homely way). As always for me number 1 is the food, but at the prices they are charging they can put in a better effort service wise and maybe an upgrade on the ambience, at least bring it into the 20th century (21st would be asking too much).

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Outstanding. Quite expensive but a great selection of steaks. I had the USDA prime rib and was very impressed. I work in the food industry (specifically beef) and can be quite critical of my steak! I could not be more impressed with this restaurant and the service was very very good.

1  Thank 17,646
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was visited this steak house in a second time (one from Lippo centre) which I consider one of the most expensive places in Hong Kong. I ordered medium well steak but I got really well done, too much broiled and too dry piece of meat. No any sign of medium well steak was there. I always order medium well in all steak houses in Hong Kong and around the world and I understand very well how it should be prepared. Those steak was not medium well, it was well done and it looked like a mistake. When I pointed it out to manager, they said that because the plate under steak is very hot, it can be prepared from medium well to well done on the way from a kitchen to my table.
This was very funny and disappointed experience, especially for such cost.
I did not want to fight those night, but I'll not back to this place anymore.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had dinner here with a colleague. Great service! Steaks were not too bad but perhaps having been spoilt by the US based chains, I found the beef served to us not as good (but still pretty yummy). Wines were superb!