“Good dim sum!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ye Shanghai (Taikoo)

Ye Shanghai (Taikoo)
Ranked #170 of 7,786 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Admiralty
Singapore, Singapore
“Good dim sum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The xiaolongbao was absolutely delicious! It's a little on the expensive side, but worth a visit. I ordered a small bowl of noodles and 3 choices of Shanghai dim sum, with a bill of HKD280.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Asia
“Delicious food, Beautiful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Friends brought us to this beautiful restaurant inside the Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel. The restaurant felt cozy, had a nice view, and was the perfect setting for a quiet yet fun dinner with friends. To top it all off, the food was delicious, this of course coming from a Michelin star awarded restaurant. I would definitely go back again.

Visited March 2013
“What a pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Well, there seems to be some TA confusion on this one! The map shows it his entry as at Marco Polo Hong Kong, but the address is on HK Island at Admiralty - and the reviews seem to be a mixture of both locations.

Anyway, my review is of the ye Shanghai at the Marco Polo Hotel in Kowloon. I don't do hotel restaurants, but the previous night had ended up at One Harbour Road which turned out to be at the Grand Hyatt. It was a big and expensive disappointment. So to my surprise when checking out what was at our hotel I found a two Michelin starred restaurant 4 floors down - well that just had to be tried. And what a find it was!! We booked earlier in the day and a good thin we did as they were turning people away as we arrived. It was full of Chinese eating happily, and we were two of a few western faces. The staff were friendly and very helpful with the menu, for example recommends the crispy river eel over the fried shrimps. Something that we would never have tried, but loved. The food was fantastic and pretty reasonably priced fir what I was, as was the wine compared to other smart HK restaurants. The dim sum were excellent and the desserts good. Overall a memorable evening.

Middlebury, Vermont
“Authentic food, typically hectic serving”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were lucky to be taken here by locals and the meal was truly spectacular. We must have had 20 dishes and every one was exquisite and authentic, perfectly prepared (okay, I didn't try the jelly fish, but I'm a wimp). I loved the bamboo and asparagas, all the dim sum, the beef dishes, noodles - it was an embarrassment of riches. Service may have been a tad brusque, but that's typical for this kind of restaurant - it's not a little boutique French place. We did not feel rushed at all. Yes, it's crowded but again, that's because it is a popular place with the locals. If you want top notch Shanghese food (is that the adjective?) this is your place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
brussels
“Top shanghaiese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am generally not found of chinese food but i loved the food in this restaurant . The choice of dishes was made by my host who knows the shanghaiese food and specialties and who told me that for this type of food , it is the best restaurant in town. Every dish was just excellent . Limited choice of wines but you can find a few good bottles in wine or red . Very busy athmosphere , typical of chinese restaurants .

• Visited March 2013