“Vegetarian and gluten free food haven”

Life Cafe (a.k.a. Organic Restaurant & Bar)
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Life Organic is a great little vegetarian cafe and takeaway food shop right in central Hong Kong, right next to the Central-Mid Levels escalator. They have a good range of meals and takeaway food, smoothies and juices and some health foods and drinks for sale, and lots of vegan and gluten free options. I went a few times while I was staying in Hong Kong recently for a week, and I've been thinking about their flourless chocolate cake, great smoothies, and gluten free treats ever since!

Their brunches are great, my favourite was the gluten free pancakes. They only serve the full brunch menu on Saturday and Sunday though, and they don't take bookings during the day.

2  Thank Jaya M

Reviewed November 1, 2012

If you wish to find a place which presents sugar free, gluten free, vegan and/or vegetarian options, head to Life. They also offer protein shakes and plenty of smoothies. You don't need to be gluten intolerant or vegan or vegetarian to enjoy this place! Sit on the top terrace for a meal or outside people watching for a coffee.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Awesome food...truly deserving a five star rating. Fresh and crunchy salads, delicious soups, scrumptious main dishes made of tofu, seitan, broccoli, mushrooms, artichokes, zucchini, rocket, eggplant, sweet potato, quinoa, flaxseeds to name a few...a real heaven for the vegetarians. Whether you want risotto or pasta, humus with pita bread, enchiladas, tempeh burger or simply roasted vegetables..this is the place to go. They are open for tea as well fro 3 pm to 6 pm, when I love to have their splendid cakes with a cup of tea. Better to reserve your place for dinner.

2  Thank PuruR
Reviewed October 3, 2012

BUT I was very happy with the food & service here. It is one of my top veggie restaurants that I went to on a 4 month trip round the world in 2006/7. This restaurant will be well recommended in the book that I am having published later this month, when I met up with 40 or so Internet friends around the world in 8 countries I had to lie about the date of my visit, but it was really Jan 2007.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was one of my favorite places that I ate on my recent trip to Hong Kong. I loved that I knew what was in everything I was eating. It filled me up, and I was able to try some new things too! The atmosphere outside (upstairs) was perfect for my friends and I. Life Cafe is a MUST for anyone visiting Hong Kong!

2  Thank 22TripAdvice22