I only stayed at this Hotel because it was Christmas and it was in my budget. Like some other cities, Hong Kong hotels put up their tariffs by 150% over this period, as this hotel, Mingle on the Wing did so. This $50 hotel cost $130 on average over the 4 horrible nights I spent there.
I have included some photos (yes, I got a nice new camera here in Hong Kong) so I can back all my comments up. The best way is to list the pro and cons of this place in bullet form.
• This Hotel is near the MRT (subway station) called Sheung Wan which is the last stop on the Island Line
• The location is good, very local Cantonese and walking distance to some good restaurants and the suburb called Central
• Free in-house movies (care to be taken if you have kids, there is no lock and they do have Adult movies)
• Wifi was fast and reliable
• Bed and pillows were comfortable
• This is a noisy Hotel, I mean early morning, narrow street truck traffic delivering to the warehouses and stores nearby
• The rooms, even the delux room is small – think the length of a double bed with one foot to walk around it, that is how narrow the room is
• It takes about 5 mintues for the hot water to come through the shower head (everytime)
• Staff were responsive, but not very friendly
• There was a Power board INSIDE the shower – NOT kidding, see photo called Power in the Shower. This was not covered up very well and there were electrical wires geting wet in the shower – TRUE
• All the cool (big selling point for them) tech stuff broke down on a daily basis, TV remote, air con, it all at some stage failed and I had to get it fixed
• Towels had holes in them – TRUE, see photo. I had them replace the towels only to get more holy towels the following day. Don’t get much for your $130 bucks in this Hotel
• The Hosekeeping lived on my floor, 3rd floor (my floor), they were realy noisy starting most mornings at 5.30am when they took delieries of something, I actually thought they were running another business. Plus, I noticed they actually live in the store room, TRUE!
• There is NO SAFE in this surposidly hi tech hotel (go figure!)
I think the management need to ‘Mingle’ with their customers a bit more and find out and fix the many issues they have in their hotel, Mingle on the Wing. Seriously there are many other, much better hotels in this area and I will never stay with this ‘Mingle’ brand again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel in Central, minutes' walk from the terminus of all subway lines, the Airport Express terminal, terminus of all ferry lines and jet-foil services, all the best restaurants and bars, all the best shopping malls, the most exotic Chinese cultural sites, and all the financial and business buildings that matter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mingle Place On The Wing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mingle Place On The Wing Hotel Hong Kong
- Mingle Place On The Wing Hong Kong