For just HKD270, you get a single room, comfy bed with proper linen, complete with free wifi, interactive lcd tv with free on-demand movies (not fuzzy pirated images)/music/online radio stations from all over the world (select country then radio station then play, although BBC 1/2/3 didn't work but Capital was fine - 2nd hotel I've been to with built-in online radio, the other being Pullman Bangkok), Pioneer hifi speakers, electrical sockets, flask, coffee/tea, wardrobe, dvd player (hidden in wardrobe), mini-fridge, paper slippers, alarm clock (mine wasn't crazy), proper toilet with glass door shower stall with rainforest shower head (fantastic water pressure, glass door closes properly no water spilling all over the place), toilet bowl with dual water-saving functions, sink and storage below it.
Yes the room is tiny (L-shaped), but that's because the toilet is of decent size. I've stayed in different hostels, from Hotel USA to Yess In, and for the same price MOTW is a godsend, they've got bathrooms where your body can actually move and have a decent shower.
Recep girls didn't smile alot but when I told them my speakers couldn't work, they promised to fix it and by the time I got back, it was done. When I enquired with the night shift guy he wasn't informed of the problem, but immediately went up to check. Such attentive service. The only thing I couldn't figure out was the skype phone, but didn't bother.
There's also 2 laptops in the lobby for surfing, but if you need to print boarding pass (which is unnecessary), its HKD10 per copy.
The MTR exit is 30 seconds away. diagonally across the street, there's a Fairway next to the hotel, no funny smell anywhere although the famous Hoi Mei Gai (chinese shops selling raw seafood) is nearby. Fantastic location if you ask me, but those coming from the airport should take note, it's better to take bus A11 (HKD40) than the Airport Express simply because it is cheaper, more convenient and faster. Get off at the 4th stop (buses are equipped with electronic signage), then find your way into Wing Lok steeet (about 5 to 10 min walk).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique hotel in Central, minutes' walk from the terminus of all subway lines, the Airport Express terminal, terminus of all ferry lines and jet-foil services, all the best restaurants and bars, all the best shopping malls, the most exotic Chinese cultural sites, and all the financial and business buildings that matter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mingle Place On The Wing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mingle Place On The Wing Hotel Hong Kong
- Mingle Place On The Wing Hong Kong