“small rooms in good location , but that's Hong Kong”

and 1 more site!
Mingle Place On The Wing
Ranked #382 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed June 28, 2013

a really very small room, but nice and very clean and for Hong Kong prices standards, it was still at a reasonable price. Very good location near MTR Sheung Wan and Macao ferry terminal. A good coffee shop just next door, or the McDonalds.

Room Tip: avoid the windowless rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here for one night and second other reviews. The place is very conveniently located, close to Sheung Wan station. The price is reasonable. My room was at the corner and probably the narrowest in my entire life with a weird aspect ratio, maybe by 1.5 m x 10+ m. Yet, the room was clean and well maintained. Everything in the bathroom was fit with good hygienic supplies. TV had only 15 channels (one out of order), which was fine with me. Wifi was free and fast. They demanded a deposit of HK$500 and quickly returned at the checkout.

The only thing was I ran across a cockroach in the morning, which I watered down with shower. If I had seen it in the previous night, I would not have felt comfortable. When I checked the ceiling, the seal was not perfect with an obvious gap. Though the gap, I believe, the bug might have come. This may be understandable since the building should be quite old. It is Hong Kong, so I guess it's okay.

Next time I visit, if I am traveling alone, I will definitely stay here again for the value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay in hk last month which is near the mtr;only 100m from the exit a2. other hotels are located at certain distance from the metro and with luggage to carry in the narrow streets
in Hk, it is a real challenge!..the rooms are small but just fine for a short stay in the city and the free Wi-Fi is very fast.
I highly recommend the hotel and will be staying there again next time, and the hotel is one station away to central which makes a quick and easy access to the airport shuttle;very appreciable.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jmtho
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A couple of us from work went in tonight for our dinner break. Our server, Keith, was great, especially highlighting the specials. The food was outstanding, (Mom, don't look at this) better than homemade. We had a special treat when Ms. Dent came and sat with us and brought a sample of a drink she made. Go out of your way and try this place. It's worth the trip

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Quite one of the smallest/ narrowest hotel rooms I have stayed in, even for a crowded place like HK. There was hardly space between the door and the bed and though everything fitted neatly in the long narrow room with the toilet at one end. The only comfortable place to sit in the room was on the bed which was fine. The location was convenient with lots of shops around, but that is Hong Kong!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed Friday and Saturday in May 2013 prior to Mother's Day weekend. I chose this hotel primarily because of its location. Staff are young and very helpful. I e-mailed the hotel for questions prior to my arrival and got satisfactory answers. One of the girls even help me to activate my pre-paid phone card when I was having problems with it. I got a single room and it's quite small but adequate for a short stay. Hotel is conveniently located at Exit A2 of the Sheung Wan MTR station from Hong Kong/Macao Ferry Terminal. You can walk from the Ferry Terminal to the hotel easily. Just need to go to the bottom level at the Terminal and you are connected to the MTR. From there, just walk to Sheung Wan Station Exit A2 Wing Lok Street exit (less than 5 minutes walk). Convenient stores like 7-11 and Circle K are only a few stores down on the right on the opposite street. From there, keep walking a few shops down the street and you will find the hotel. Note that there's also a flower shop between 7-11 and the hotel in case you need to pick up flowers or someone wants to pick up flowers for you. The hotel guests I came across are all English speaking. There's a small eatery on the first level next to the hotel that serves breakfast and lunch. Starbucks is a block away on another street. The tram or "ding ding" station is in the neighborhood, not too far from the Starbucks. Overall, the location is very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank smile77056
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My friend and I had booked a twin room for three nights (we stayed on the 9th floor). Yes, the room was not very big, but I really appreciated the bathroom (after having stayed in cheap Kowloon hostels with tiny bathrooms). And the bed was quite comfortable too. During our stay in Hong Kong & Macau, we stayed in five different accomodations and this hotel had the softest bed of those places. The elevator was working again although you had to be a bit careful, because the doors closed within a few seconds, so in the beginning I got squeezed every time (they stop closing quite late or not at all). We had a good breakfast twice in the nice, little and cheap cafe directly next to the hotel. I liked the location with lots of Chinese shops, nice streets and some good restaurants and cafes. It's a perfect base for discovering Sheung Wan, Central and other parts of Hong Kong Island. And it's very convenient that MTR station Sheung Wan (exit A2) is so nearby. The Ferry terminals and Central and Hong Kong station are within walking distance too. I would definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends