“Wow!!!”
Review of Bookworm Cafe

Bookworm Cafe
Ranked #930 of 8,953 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Cute place that serves vegetarian food. We had a delicious carrot cake and a nice espresso. Unfortunately we did not have time for reading a book, you can find English and Cantonese books here. Try to go early because its very crowded at lunch time.

There are newer reviews for Bookworm Cafe

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Bookworm Cafe can be very good or it can be average at best, depending on what you order. Some of the salads are great and the decor of the place is quite different from what you usually get in Hong Kong. Personally I dig the warmth of it and keep going back. However, there have been a few times when the food has been quite bland and I've payed more than I should have for what I got. It is a popular place and on weekends, you might have to wait to get a table and then wait to get served. If you're a vegetarian or prefer organic food, check it out. The chances are you'll like it, unless you catch them on a bad day.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Only stopped in for coffee and dessert, but both delicious. Daughter who lives on Lamma is a regular and recommends several of the entrees.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The cafe itself was lovely and the price was great however I really didn't like the veggie burger far too mushy for me , the chips on the other hand were cooked perfectly. My partner had the veggie shepherds pie and although he isn't a veggie he found it nice.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have made several trips over to Lamma, with this cafe specifically in mind, hoping to eat a veggie breakfast and drink one of their shakes, only to find the place shut, shut, shut.

Despite advertising that they open at 9am, I have visited on a Monday at 9am, waited around until 10am and after realizing they wern't opening, I gave up and went to Green Cottage, a few doors down instead.

Not one to be deterred, I persisted and went back on Wednesday, this time arriving after 10am and waiting until nearly Noon before once again giving up and going to Green Cottage for my Veggie breakfast!

This also happened in October when I made a special trips over to Lamma, again only to find the place closed...

Really disappointing. If your not going to open in the mornings, thats fine, just please let your customers know what your opening hours are.

I wont be making the special trip over to Lamma again for Bookworm, although the veggie breakfast at Green Cottage might well be worth the trip!

A customer lost...