“A No No”

Neighborhood: Mong Kok
Makati, Philippines
“A No No”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We want to try the food inside the The One mall near Kimberley Road. We have already tried a few restaurants and we stumble upon this cafe. Didn't understand their notice about the $50 minimum charge per person but decided to stay since we are having dinner and we're more likely to consume more than the minimum charge. What I just can't take is the tea that they served us. We are not tea drinkers. We were served a pot without asking. Since most of the table has their pots of tea, I thought it is for free so I was really shocked to see our bill with a $27 bill for the tea! I asked why we were charge when we didn't order at all. All I understand is that there is a $9 charge per person for the tea! I could forgive for billing me and my husband for the tea even though we didn't order and don't drink the tea. But, it is unforgivable to charge $9 for the 3rd person with us-my 2 year old son. This is HOLD UP for restaurant goers especially for first timers like us. Please remember also what you ordered and how much it is because their receipts are in Chinese characters and when you asked there is no one to assist you because they barely speak and understand English. SO BEWARE. Anyway, their serving can be for sharing unless you have a big appetite and their pork chop (?) tastes good and tender.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TinSimon

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
“Quiet Haven Casual Dining”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Quiet Spot in Langham Mall. Great Place to escape the crowd. They serve pretty , unpretentious Asian Fusion food. Personally, I like the Pasta here . The Coffee here is really Good and highly recommended. Pretty young crowd.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank genxal
hk
“no second time”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went there on a sunday afternoon at around 4:30pm, we just wanted to get a place for coffee and chatting, 3 of us had decided to order some light sets with coffees, then the waitress told us that they got a minimum charge of $50 per person which meant we needed to consume $200. In fact, $200 wasn't a big deal, but the way they did wasn't so appropriate. I am sure i can get a much better coffee in starbucks or pacific coffee without being asked for order something more.

Also, i couldn't find their food delicious. So, why second time? NO WAY

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank bensun l
Singapore, Singapore
“Suzuki Cafe @ Langham Place.”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stumbled upon Suzuki Cafe on the 12th floor of Langham Place by chance and my wife and I has a wonderful dinner at this fantastic cafe. The food was excellent and so was the service. We also love the atmosphere there. Would definatley come back here again on my next trip to Hong Kong.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank goodrealm
Los Angeles, California
“Comfortable environment, food is not bad but can be better.”
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I like eating here because the atmosphere is good. Enjoy there setting, food, and coffee.

• Visited April 2011