“Kraft Fondue”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
“Kraft Fondue”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have been to this restaurant for the fondue and I was very disappointed. With two of my colloquies we had all different fondue and the one and only thing that I was able to taste was the fact that they had used a very cheap cheese to mix, if in fact cheese at all. My guess is was Kraft Cheese but I was not sure. Simply because I know cheese and it texture and taste and feel and what I was tasting was not correct. I had cheese fondue in France, Swiss, Austria and the Netherlands and have been around cheese my whole life. So I do not make this up to make a point but would like to make a statement towards the owner of this place. This put a big no no on my list of restaurants to visit. They had made a nice salad and the wine was fine but trying to get away with this is rare. Maybe not in Asia changes are you are able to sell this for a long time before any one starts to complain or even notice. The other dishes may be ok but if you want to eat proper fondue in Hong Kong I suggest you make it yourself. The service was normal, not bad or good. I was not impressed by the decor of the restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jetstreamdriver

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
“Poor food, terrible service”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Let me start by saying I have been to this restaurant a few times and although I am not a huge fan (friends like it) it is usually just about ok. However my last visit was a huge let down, probably exacerbated by the fact that the owner, Max, was not in evidence. Most of the food was ok, nothing special, but one of my party had a (very expensive) asparagus dish. This had been cooked to a tasteless mush and was almost inedible. There were also mix ups with the ordering and the bill. The service was just terrible with most of the waitresses seeming to have had no training whatsoever. Not an enjoyable experience and, given the cost, I will certainly not be setting foot in there again.

Visited March 2014
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
“Cheese fondue in kowloon”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Nice plce good service n good raclette, n cheese fondue, good to change one from asian foods
Specially when weather is not warm

Visited January 2014
“Great food: woeful service”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Expat Swiss friends recommended this place as the best in HK... the food was excellent.. especially the deer cappaccio and the various veal dishes...........however the experience was ruined by very mediocre service. I booked a week before to avoid disappointment, but then had to wait 55 minutes at the bar after agreed sit down time. The lead waiter seemed totally disinterested in my frustration (we had a post dinner appointment we were late for) and in the end, paid attention when we sat down at uncleared tables y as other guests belatedly departed.
I understand restaurants having two seatings but they need to make sure the first sitting is served quickly to ensure the second sitting is not a debacle. The waitresses struggled with the lack of space and what appeared to much work load. Very disappointed

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mal1960
Hong Kong, China
“tried the beef/olive oil fondue at Swiss Chalet”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I went there with my 10yo daughter. Did not order the cheese fondue, but was suggested to try out rachette (sp?) as an appetizer. That was a plate of melted cheese, with some garlic, pickles. Worth trying. The beef in olive oil fondue was something I had not tried in years. That was respectable.

• Visited November 2013