“Best Swiss food in Town!”
Review of Swiss Chalet

Swiss Chalet
Ranked #1,110 of 8,973 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Swiss, International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been at the Chalet so many times and always we are welcomed like family! We love to have cheese Fondue for starter, there is a huge selection! You can get all the famous dishes from Switzerland like Zueri Gschnaetzlets, Roeschti, Raclette, Chuegeli Pastete, Gordon Bleu etc. The food is excellent and the service very very good. Thank you Max and Sasa!

There are newer reviews for Swiss Chalet

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Swiss Chalet is owned by an authentic Swiss gentleman, Max, who prepared us an authentic Swiss chees fondue.
We had not booked any table and the restaurant was fully booked when we arrived. Max sat us at the bar and we had our fondue there. We initially thought it would be uncomfortable after a while to eat Kirsch and cheese fondue sitting on stools. But we loved it and we were very well looked after by the staff.
A very tiny and warm restaurant - a piece of Switzerland in the crazyness of Hong Kong.
Don't forget to book in advance!

1  Thank Sociss-de-Monbe
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Normally people are in two minds about any new cuisine specially when you say Swiss food which is more about Cheese. I was like, lets try, and GOD what surprise! The Food was Awsome! We tried the Raclay and fondue , Pasta, and also Jain Raclay, means without onion or Garlic. The experience was amazing. The Chef knew about Jain food in Hongkong in a swiss reastaurant. I was most surprised by the fact that I didn't find the smell of cheese Bad and ate until I was full.
I would recommend people to visit with families for a very nice experience.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I always visit this place when I'm in Hong Kong.
On this occasion I must say that I was very disappointed .
The restaurant was very busy, and the staff were obviously struggling to cope.
It took a long time to even get a chance to order, and despite our best efforts, we were completely blanked by the unfriendly staff..
We were surrounded by tables each competing for attention.
The friendly owner Max was being badly let down by his ignorant unsmiling staff.
One hour and fifteen minutes into our visit we had only received our starters.
My customers were getting impatient and we were only told "wait" when we managed to get a drag member to stop!
On the positive side all the food when it DID arrive was excellent.
The calfs liver was really nice and the chocolate fondue was delicious.
I will go again, but not in peak season for trade shows in October or April .o
Sorry Max, time to have a word with your dreadful staff. In our two and a half hour visit we did not see one of them smile.

1  Thank Eddie G
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Had a lovely meal including the obligatory fondue (chocolate) here. Worth a visit if you are tiring of asian food.