“Golden [--]”

Ranked #1,311 of 8,959 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went based on a recommendation from lonely planet but was very disappointed. Confusing menu, very poor service and over priced. Only good feature was the view of the harbour. Not recommended!

There are newer reviews for Golden Bull French Vietnamese Cuisine

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Ridiculously iverpriced and unhelpful service. Food wasn't great either. Only good point was the view.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I visited this restaurant last week during my stay in HongKong.
I had not had Pho for almost two months and I was really craving it when I ordered Pho.
The dish was overpriced taking into account they did not serve any bean sprouts or mints or any sauce to go with the dish. The noodle was very overcooked and tasted absolutely disgusting.
The other dishes we ordered were also not Vietamese. The waitor who served us was not friendly at all and also the waitress kept us waiting in front of the entrance for more than 15 mins without telling us how long it will take to get a seat.

To sum up, the service was HORRIBLE and the food was not authentic at all. I think other people shouldn't make the same mistake that I made by going to this so called 'Vietamese' restaurant.

2  Thank KI7777
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I can certainly say the food at Golden Bull is NOT Vietnamese at all from my experience.The Pho they served made me absolutely speechless, as the noodle and the soup were pre-made and just mixed in front of me together with raw beef, which reminded me of 3 minute noodles. The ginger chicken was also below average. All in all, every dish was overpriced.

The waitresses somehow looked very displeased while serving the customers and the service was terrible overall. The menu looked very sloppy and didn't show any pictures, and the waitress did not bother to explain politely when asked. The seat I was sitting on was facing right into the corner where the waitresses were cleaning remaining food from dirty dishes, which was certainly not a pleasant view.

I would NEVER bother to go to this restaurant again.

3  Thank keyand
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a big favourite of mine now. Great food in a superblocation looking across to Hong Kong Island.
The Vietnamese food is really excellent , and the service is on a par.
The grilled prawns are superb, as is the curry.
Give it a try, but make sure to book as it's reputation has spread and getting a table can be a problem.