“I never miss this place when in Hongkong”

Golden Bull French Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #861 of 7,950 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, French
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Manila, Philippines
“I never miss this place when in Hongkong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

The restaurant is a cross between vietnamese/cantonese cuisine. We usually have the spring rolls, barbeque chicken, frog legs (size of small chicken legs), eel, lamb chops, baked prawns, pineapple rice or seafood noodles. There is also a branch in Times Square.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank slao

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Great view, great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

A HK friend took us here on a Friday evening. Got to watch the laser show over the harbor, nice mix of Asian fusion and French, the scallops were a nice surprise as I would call them coquilles St Jacques, great appetisers, choice of sauces, excellent service, a big meal with beer and wine for 3 came to HKD1400 which I thought good value

Visited February 2012
“very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

wonderful vietnamese cuisine. Garlic bread and curry is nice

Hong Kong
“Bland - wishy washy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Went for dinner with my partner. The view is great out over the harbor. I can only say this NOT Vietnamese food. It is the Chinese idea of Vietnamese food. The menu is really a hotch potch of Chinese dishes and other dishes that have Vietnamese names but don't taste very much different from Chinese dishes that look the same. The service was a bit slap happy and the chairs were not all that comfortable. All in all not a very happy experience. I wouldn't bother going again.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank scugnizzoHongKong
Manila
“They Don't Call It 'Golden' For Nothing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

I ate at Golden Bull in Harbour City with 6 of my friends and we ordered the set menu (good for 8 pax, but we came with a big appetite). Overall, it was an excellent meal and the seafood were definite standouts. However, given everything that was served I do not feel the prices were justified. This is Vietnamese cuisine after all -- which is known for its simplicity and more so, accessibility. If they had to pay these rates people in Vietnam would starve to death.

To illustrate: our meal for 8 set each one of us back by $140 (drinks inclusive, but I only had a can of Coke). Golden Bull, indeed.

• Visited October 2011