“A memorable experience ”

Amber at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental
Ranked #2 of 7,917 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Contemporary, French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central
London, United Kingdom
“A memorable experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Food and services both delivered as what you would expected in a luxury hotel. Their signature dishes - Hokkaido sea urchin is one of the best dishes I have even taste.
The weekend lunch menu worth every single penny.
No wonder they are one of the 50 best restaurants in Asian / World.

2 Thank Rachel C
LandmarkMO, Fine Dining Restaurant Manager at Amber at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Amber on TripAdvisor. We’re delighted to know that you enjoyed the weekend wine lunch menu, in particular of our signature dish - Hokkaido Sea Urchin, one of our guests’ favourites, and we were able to impress you by our outstanding service. Your compliments are much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back again at Amber in the future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Always Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Just divine..service spot on, food always prepared perfectly and creatively, ambiance excellent, wines superb. Consistant! Best restaurant in HK and Ive tried them all!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Intrepidtraveler1
Thank you for sharing your review of Amber on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words about Amber’s ambience and we’re glad you enjoyed our service, wine and cuisine. It’s with great pleasure to be named as “the best restaurant in Hong Kong” and we look forward to welcoming you back at Amber.

New York City, New York
“underwhelmed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I don't know how to rate Amber. It's a mixed bag. Maybe I expected too much. We order three-course set lunch (HK$580+10%/per person). Starters and deserts were artfully presented and very tasty, but main courses -- fresh pan-seared line-caught dory and brill -- tasted a bit bland and boring.

To be fair, service is flawless but it cannot make for up one crucial element in dining -- food.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for taking time writing this review of Amber and your compliments about our service is much appreciated.

Meanwhile, your disappointment on our food draws our attention. Please accept our sincere apology and please do not hesitate to share more of your thoughts with us via lmhkg-amber@mohg.com. We would be very glad to hear from you and to greet you again at Amber.

Singapore
“Elegant and Distinguished”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

I visited this restaurant with my son, and had one of the best meals I had ever had in Hong Kong.

The restaurant has an emphasis on perfection and does it very well. The food is delicate and of the finest quality as you would expect in French cuisine. The wine list is as impressive as the menu, and the ambiance out of this world. The service is super attentive, and chef very nicely slips in courses between the ones you have ordered on a complimentary basis. The service is unhurried and to enjoy this restaurant to its fullest , you too should not be in a hurry. Sit back, relax, and let it happen. Michelin 3 star I believe - and I can well believe that too.

We had the set menu, and were well pleased.

Food at its finest, elegant and distinguished.

One of my favorite places to dine.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Nigel G
LandmarkMO, Fine Dining Restaurant Manager at Amber at The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of Amber on TripAdvisor. It is great to know you enjoyed our cuisine, wine list as well as service. It has always been our spirit to create the perfect dining experience to all of our guests.

We really appreciate your recognition for us. Please feel free to be back at Amber and we would be glad to greet you again.

Hamilton, Bermuda
“Power Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I recently visited Hong kong and wanted to have a quiet catch-up with close friends and chose Amber for it's proximity to Central. We chose the Central Power Breakfast menu and it was great! We had two choices of welcome drinks, fresh orange juice and watermelon juice, or have both. The breakfast choices were all good, I chose the eggs benedict and asked if they could put the ham on the side (as I didn't eat ham) and no problem. We enjoyed the food and had a proper catch up as the ambience was so nice and quiet and our server was very considerate and left us alone to chat away, but very attentive when he felt we needed something. I highly recommend the breakfast for a catch-up.

Also, I booked by email as I am based in another country and I made several changes to the booking, but everytime I made a change, I received a response right away accommodating my request. Very good service!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank iMay538
Thank you for revewing us on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you like our Central Power Breakfast and enjoyed the ambience of Amber. We believe it is very important to have a delightful breakfast as it can light up your day. Your praises are very inspiring and will be definitely shared with the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Amber.