“Good Peking duck and attentive service”

Peking Garden Restaurant (Alexandra House)
Ranked #80 of 8,531 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good Peking duck and attentive service”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Friends I was visiting in Hong Kong took me to this restaurant for some Peking duck. The duck did not disappoint, and the experience was made even more enjoyable by the fact that I could see the duck being skinned on a table near the entrance of the restaurant. Another group of diners ordered the beggar's chicken, so we were treated to the spectacle of someone trying to break the clay around the chicken with a mallet. My hostess informed me that on some nights they also demonstrate the preparation of handmade noodles.

They have lovely fruit juices to go with your meal. The place was very busy (book a table in advance) but the waiters were very attentive and managed to attend to our every request (we had plenty since we were dining with three children!). Speaking some Mandarin or Cantonese helps when talking to some of the restaurant staff. If you don't speak either language, you can wait for an English speaking waiter to come to your aid in less than a minute.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“Good meal at Pacific Place”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I've eaten a number of times at both the Alexandra House and Pacific Place restaurants generally as part of larger groups.

Overall they serve good quality food although I think I prefer the Alexandra House restaurant food. I've had better Peking duck before. The egg white dish is divine!

• Visited July 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Chinese elegant style”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We like to go there very often because foods is very good and the service is also very good.

Right place for friends and also family with kids, nice atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
“I Wish I Knew About This Place Sooner...”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I were taken to this restaurant for our first taste of Peking Duck. We wish we had known about it sooner. The food and service were fantastic. It is pricey, however, but we enjoyed the dinner and service. If we had more time, we would have gone back for more.

• Visited May 2014
LA
“Great for tourists - not easy on the wallet”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Tons of tourists but great for the service, and visual feast one gets with the carving of the duck and noodle show. But beware that staff here will try to get every penny out of you by asking if you want bottled water, wines, cocktails, followed by recommending the most expensive dishes on the menu. I've been here for a while and you notice that the dishes are getting smaller and smaller and the prices are going higher and higher.
Food is good though, no complaints in this department!
I understand from locals that if you use an Amex card on weekdays you get quite a decent discount, so remember to bring the card along!

• Visited June 2014