“Good view ! Nice Peking roast duck”

Tien Yi Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #3,767 of 9,452 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We went to Tien Yi Chinese restaurant today.
We hv two ppl. So we only order a Peking duck.
As a local Hong Kong people, I used to have Peking duck.
I can say this is not the best, but a good Peking duck. Because the duck is not too fat, the wiping paper is home made with seame( surprise) . The only down side is the sauce which is slightly too salty ( but acceptable) . The view is definitely unbeatable. U can c beautiful hong king view while eating. Make sure ask for the window seat. The best seat should be the stage with staircase:) We will for sure to come back again soon:)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Nice & large chinese restaurant at the peak. The food was very expensive & the portion was enough for 2 persons. This made me disappointed because they didn't tell us about this big portion. If we knew about this then we shouldn't have booked for 2 portion. We paid a lot of money then we wasted the half portion. Then I got stomach ache a few hours later after from taking pics at Sky Terrace 428 around 7pm. I needed to go to the toilet so I missed the symphony of the lights because of this. :(

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We did not think that the window seat view we had was that good. What we did not realize was that the view from the other side of this dining establishment was far superior to ours. Not sure why we were not offered the better view, but we did not realize there was another choice until we were leaving. That being said, the food was nothing to write home about. Without the view, this is a two out of five.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We ate lunch here, and opted for the set menu. I thought it was a great meal, though my wife found the hot and sour soup a bit hot. Service was fast, at times almost too fast, but all was well, because of the view.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

As mentioned by other guests: Way, way overprized. The food is authentic Chinese, but not very good. We live for many years in China and believe me, there is better food available.
Considering the quality of the food and the price, this restaurant is not at all recommendable. I would call it a typical tourist trap.