“Nice food and great ambiance!!”

EL Cid Spanish Restaurant(JiaNing Street)
Ranked #6,587 of 8,564 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Polaris, Montana
“Nice food and great ambiance!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a great varieties of dishes from starter to dessert and it was all good. Hardly had any Spanish food but this was one of the best I ever had. We start off with some nice salad and tapas which was uniquely prepared.Then we had some chicken Paella which was one of my Favourite,followed by a unique fish covered with Salt (Sorry, I'm sure there's a fantastic name for it but I could not remember), had some clam in tomato base sauce which was also very yummy. Last but not least had a dessert from Alaska (fruits with some cream and liquor on it).
Not very good in describing the food but it was all nice and yummy!! Perhaps the pictures will tell it all.
It was a little pricey but I guess you pay for the quality of food and the ambiance.
Oh not forgetting they have a 2 piece guitarist walking around each table acceding to request for song..

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank tulipanmorado

New York City, New York
“BEST Spanish in a long time”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My business partner and I went there today the 28th of August for Lunch. We had steak and paella. The dessert chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream whoa incredible.. The service APlus. value 400 Hong Kong dollars amazing for all that food. overall a great food experience. My only recommendation is cook the steak longer for med well.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Robert C
Tywyn, United Kingdom
“Mediocre Set Lunch”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was attracted into this restaurant by the offer of a set lunch, maybe I made the wrong choices but it was disappointing. The soup and salad starter was fine, a tasty pumpkin soup and a plate of fresh salad with some unidentified cold meat,which was rather rich for my taste, so I did not eat it all. For my main course I had chosen what was described as Smoked Salmon Toasts with avocado and cottage cheese. Although well presented the four rounds of French bread were not toasted, the smoked salmon lacked flavour and the avocado was not ripe.
To add to this disappointment when I came to pay I had not realised there was a service charge to be added and to add insult the waiter under changed me, muddling my bill with the next table was his excuse!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank LindyLouMac
Hamilton, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tapas but "Beware"”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Always a bit quieter as its at the other end of the tce.
Good food & Tapas, was here last year as well.
The Sangria (by the Litre is best) is good.
Beware when paying by credt card. It comes as yor home currency not HK$.
I nearly paid $630 NZ instead of $107NZ the reciept said $630 HK.
the credit card slip was $107 & I wrote $630.
and yes my wife spotted it. :-P

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank AtlasMac
Paris, France
“Mediocre at best - has fallen”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Used to love this place. Was here sevaral years ago, and had a wonderful experience. Oh, for days of yore.

The setting is great - outdoor plaza on a quiet side street close to Sogo. Service attentive, and is a great mix of romantic and festive.

As for the food, well, I've had way better tapas. First off, the food selection is plummeted, and the options for a tapas place are pretty limited. Watched 2 people at a neighboring table sample what looked to be a decent quartered roasted potato dish, but when I asked, they gave it a thumbs-down. So settled on the 9 piece sampler, which was OK, but not great. Certainly not worth the 280 hkd tab.

This place used to have a soft spot b/c it shares the same name as my dog. However, loyalty has its limits.

What's also rather annoying is the non-stop promotion of the restaurant's ownership.- King Parrot Group, which was even featured on the toothpicks holding together some of the appetizers.

Alas.