“One of my favourite places for lunch”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #113 of 8,191 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Admiralty
Description: Perched high above the city with breathtaking views of Victoria Harbour, the Michelin-starred Restaurant Petrus epitomizes the highest standard of excellence in French cuisine. The restaurant includes a wine cellar that features one of the most extensive wine lists in Asia.
“One of my favourite places for lunch”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I'd lunch at Petrus last Saturday with 3 friends and we all loved the food.

Unlike weekdays, Petrus serves a carte blanche for lunch on Saturdays and Sundays. Basically there are 4 columns in the menu (i.e. vegetable, fish, meat and dessert) and for each column there're 4 items. You can choose any 4 dishes from the menu which means you can choose all 4 meat dishes or all 4 desserts.

I skipped the dessert and opted for foie gras terrine, pasta with black truffles, whiting fish and beef. All the dishes were made from high-quality ingredients, nicely presented and tasty.

At $668 with coffee or tea ($788 plus 2 glasses of wine), it's very good value for money.

We'd a table by the window and the view was nice.

If I've to make one criticism, I'd say the service was a bit slow in the first half and then became a bit rush in the second half. But it's not really an issue for me.

I plan to go there again soon with another friend.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Egon70

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
“What a Great Restaurant - the Best in Hong Kong”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Wife and I went there a couple of days ago and we had the 'black truffles' 8 course set dinner and the dishes were so delicious - the truffle wrap with vegetable inside, the soft boiled egg, the fish and the veal really impressed us. the truffles were supplied by this house called 'La Maison Platin' and the owners were there - Christopher and Anthoine. they certainly brought the best with them. the truffles were fresh, ripe, fragrant, soft and beautifully colored through out. We had wine pairing with the dinner and they serve 6 beautiful wines with detailed exposition, by the sommelier, on the characteristics of each one of them and why it would match the dish it was paired with. We've been to all the 2 and 3 Michelin star restaurants in Hong Kong and Macau and I can say that the standard at Petrus that night would beat any one of them hands down.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Norman-Koo
Fort Stockton, Texas
“Food and Service as good as it gets!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We ate several meals here while a guest of the Island Shangri-La. Everything was amazing. What more can I say, amazing is amazing!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ted D
Singapore
“Overpriced average food”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a dinner with my friend. The quality and taste of food I.e salad and grilled sea bass was nice but not outstanding. I personally think the the food served is being over priced compared to other French restaurants in HK e.g. Amber. However I would assume the customer may pay the premium for then outstanding view from the 56th floor

Visited February 2014
Hong Kong, China
“Mixed experiences”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great please have a nice treat but somehow my experience was not exactly consistent, sometimes even the same dishes. It is not as difficult as to get a table compared to some of the other fancier restaurants in town.

• Visited December 2013