“Food and Service as good as it gets!”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #140 of 9,699 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Admiralty
Description: Perched high above the city with breathtaking views of Victoria Harbour, the Michelin-starred Restaurant Petrus epitomizes the highest standard of excellence in French cuisine. The restaurant includes a wine cellar that features one of the most extensive wine lists in Asia.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We ate several meals here while a guest of the Island Shangri-La. Everything was amazing. What more can I say, amazing is amazing!

1  Thank Ted D

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Had a dinner with my friend. The quality and taste of food I.e salad and grilled sea bass was nice but not outstanding. I personally think the the food served is being over priced compared to other French restaurants in HK e.g. Amber. However I would assume the customer may pay the premium for then outstanding view from the 56th floor

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great please have a nice treat but somehow my experience was not exactly consistent, sometimes even the same dishes. It is not as difficult as to get a table compared to some of the other fancier restaurants in town.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

This is the 3rd Michelin star restaurant I have been to in Hong Kong, and I found the food to be well bellow Michelin star quality, in comparison to the other restaurants I have eaten at.

The service was good overall, but the food lacked finesse.

Every dish we ate was 'nice' but really nothing special, I felt like I could create the same flavours at home, it was a bit underwhelming, I expected a lot more from a Michelin star restaurant.

A steak dish was served with what tasted like lemon mascarpone, some chilli jam, and a dark jus, it all seemed a bit mismatched, the flavours didn't complement each other.

The one dish that I was shocked by was a hare dish, served with foie gras and truffle, I love all the ingredients individually, and the waiter said it was yummy, so I beleived him and hoped the chef had added something delicate to the dish to balance out the richness of the ingredients. What arrived was a puff pastry pie, with a layer of shredded hare that was so heavily sweetened that I couldn't taste any gamey flavour from the hare, on top of this was thin slices of truffle that I couldn't taste due to the other ingredients being overpowering, then on top of that were big chunks of foie gras, finished off with a dollop of VERY sweet caramelised onions. The pie was 'complimented' by a dark tasteless gravy. It seemed like a waste of fine ingredients to bulk them all together in such a way. What it lacked in seasoning it made up for in sugar, it was really difficuly to eat, because there was nothing light or zesty to break up the richness, I felt very sick the following day.

On the plus side, The bread basket was great, with a nice selection of rolls that all tasted good, and also the complementary appitiser dishes were tasty, it's a shame the yummyness didn't follow through to the food we ordered.

Luckily the view over the city, romantic interior design, wine, and my company for the night made up for the disappointing food.

I wouldn't come here again.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

One of many brilliant restaurants in HK. The food, the view, the wine, the staff. Fantastic. Service can be slow at times however this gives more time to enjoy the company you are with

Been to Petrus? Share your experiences!