“THE PLACE WHERE TO EAT IN HK”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #120 of 8,042 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Admiralty
Description: Perched high above the city with breathtaking views of Victoria Harbour, the Michelin-starred Restaurant Petrus epitomizes the highest standard of excellence in French cuisine. The restaurant includes a wine cellar that features one of the most extensive wine lists in Asia.
Paris, France
“THE PLACE WHERE TO EAT IN HK”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The place is just breathtaking, this awesome restaurant is located at the 56th floor of the Shangri-La island hotel, with an incredible view over HK harbor. Just think when booking your table, to ask for a table with view. The warm atmosphere of the restaurant itself, the quality of the service, the marvelous french wine list, and the incredible food of Chef Fred Chabbert will do the rest : this will be one of the most incredible and delicious dinner of your life.

Frederic Chabbert is a french Chef who formerly went through training at Monaco, in the famous Louis XV restaurant directed by Alain Ducasse, and he is proud he went trained by Franck Cerutti, whose "savoir faire" and demanding nature are well known. Fred is now one of the greatest French Chef working "off shore" and his cuisine is just delicious and perfectly balanced. To have a dinner there is a privilege and is just delightful. Everything is done, any minute, to make your dinner unforgettable...

• Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
“Arguably worst service I've ever had in any fine dining restaurant”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I went to Petrus for lunch with my partner who had only about 45 minutes before her next appointment. She planned to have just a starter and then leave me to finish my meal. Things turned out a little bit more complicated - there was no a la carte menu on that day, and the only available option was a tasting menu of 4 small dishes per person. I told the waiter that speed was important to us, and he said half an hour would not be enough for a tasting menu, or even for a starter, anyway. I said that in that case we would like one tasting menu, with my girlfriend going for the first item before she had to leave and me having the other three. After some consultation, the waiter came back and said that a tasting menu is supposed to be for one person only, and if my girlfriend wants something, we will have to order additional individual items from the tasting menu at extra cost. I think for a Michelin-starred restaurant, I could stop at this point to justify my rating, but what followed was quite unbelievable. The small dishes came in a very quick succession (they were apparently pre-prepared), and if we had been rightly informed at the beginning, my girlfriend would have had time for at least three of them, if not all. More than that, after she had finished her additional item that we were forced to order, the waiters took away her utensils and cleared the table in front of her. It looked like they really did not want us to share anything from my order. They offered some more bread to me, but not to her, and I had to ask them to do it. We have been to many Michelin / fine dining restaurants all over the world, and I have to say this was arguably the worst service we have ever experienced.
Food was good, though not outstanding.
To give the restaurant their dues, towards the end they noticed I was not happy, and offered to charge us for wine only. However, the experience had been ruined by that time...

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Maxim G
Hong Kong, China
“Definitely worth the value”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had my birthday celebration as arranged by my husband. This is one of the greatest restaurants in Hong Kong. With a stunning view over both sides of Victoria Harbor, they provides us great services as well as wonderful gourmet experiences. They did offer special arrangement for my husband for the flower bouquet and personalized dessert. Definitely good choice for anniversaries and couples' special dates.

• Visited October 2012
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“The best restaurant experience in a very long time”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a fantastic dinner at Petrus during our last stay in Hong Kong. This restaurant is a great example of classic French cuisine which hasn't given in on the latest fads of the culinary world. The 8 course tasting menu looked tempting, but we went for the a la carte option. There is a good choice of dishes on the menu for a restaurant of this type, even vegetarian dishes. The food was perfect, especially the foie gras which was seared just right. I was really impressed by the winelist, studying it could easily take you a couple of hours. As you can imagine there are some really expensive bottles on this winelist, but there is a great variety of choice at relatively reasonable prices. A hallmark of a really good restaurant. The service and advice when making our choice of dishes was just excellent. Attentive, helpful but not intrusive. Whilst the view from the restaurant is spectacular (well at least if it isn't raining), I less liked the decor. I guess it's a matter of taste, but I like something slightly more modern than the classic chique which is common throughout the Shangri La hotel. Having said that the tables are large and wide apart, i.e. you have a lot of privacy at your table. I really enjoyed dinner at Petrus and whilst it doesn't come cheap I warmly recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
“Everything is excellent!!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I had a la carte menu and my friend had 6 course dinner set menu.
For starter I had a black truffle potato pie,which is wondeful...a bit full after that.. I tried wagyu beef which was not on the menu yet and it was so tasty, medium and juicy... Everything was spot on and nothing to complain about. All staff are friendly especially Erica, keep on checking how we were doing. I will deffinately go again

Been to Petrus? Share your experiences!