“The best French Restaurant”
Review of Caprice (Central)

Caprice (Central)
Ranked #22 of 9,452 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Michelin starred French restaurant, Caprice is located on Level 6 of Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong. Enjoy contemporary French cuisine accompanied by an extensive selection of wines, one of the city's largest selection of French artisanal cheeses flown in weekly from France and panoramic Victoria Harbour Views.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is the best French restaurant I tried. Excellent service, comprehensive wine list, knowledgeable sommelier and very attentive service yet you never feel that someone is hoovering around you. They just pop up whenever you need them. Best of all, the price tag is very reasonable for a place like this.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I both love food and decided to treat ourselves to a meal here as part of our honeymoon. We went for the no expense spared approach but still felt the value was excellent and we had the time of our lives.

We had the tasting menu and asked for a wine recommendation for each course. The food and wines were phenomenal. Everything was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. We really enjoyed hearing about the parings from the waiters and sommelier.

The service was first class and the staff really seemed to know what they were talking about. I've been to "top" restaurants before where the waiters could barely announce each course, but at Caprice the knowledge of the food and wines was exceptional. The whole experience was very personal; the amount of attention we were given meant I almost felt that we were the only 2 diners despite the restaurant being packed.

We paid around UK £500 for the 9 course tasting menu with wine for each course, cocktails and service included. We felt this was great value for the experience we had, especially compared to equivalent places in England.

I'd recommend requesting a table by the window for beautiful views over the harbour and city.

If you're after a top quality dining experience at a fair price I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Caprice.

1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Caprice is probably the best restaurant I've ever eaten in. The Exec. Chef and his team of Chefs are to be congratulated on the indescribably artistic, delicious, scruptious creations on the menu in this fantastic restaurant overlooking Hong Kong harbour. The food was outstanding with so many little samplers in between courses I didn't think I'd make it to dessert. The service is impeccable, warm welcoming and professional. We didn't want to leave! Having just spent the previous weeks in France I especially wondered how the butter and crunchy baguette would compare. Joy oh joy, manifique! Having dined in many Michelin starred restaurant all over, this restaurant deserves all accolades and lives up to its' ratings. And the chocolates!!!!

1  Thank ontheroadsince73
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

What an experience! We were in Hong Kong when typhoon warning signal was elevated to 8, meaning everybody does not need to go to work. But luckily Caprice was open for business. We had a Wonderful and amazing experience. We were seated by the window, and had a view of the harbour , remember to book at least 2 Weeks before. The bread served to us was freshly baked, taste so good we could virtually have that for lunch. We ordered the set lunch which was actually good value. Food was beautiful like a work of art. We did not quite enjoy the tomato based starter, otherwise the other 2 was fabulous, especially the pork medallion. We had the fish, lobster ravioli and vegetarian cheese macaroni for main course. The first 2 was excellent, never tasted such tasty fish and lobster ever. Dessert was heavenly, particularly the cheese platter. We were told that one of their cheese was only available in this restaurant in the whole of Hong Kong. Before that we were served chocolate. Beautiful. Service was impeccable. WE were served the best coffee ever, I even had a second cup. Caprice really lived up to its Michelin stars. A real fabulous experience and highly recommended when you are in Hong Kong.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Honestly, I have always shunned French food. When I think of French food, I think of 1/2 cooked fish and foie gras. No offense to those who eat foie gras, I can't imagine myself eating a very ill duck/goose's liver!!! How can that be healthy for me?!?!
When I went to caprice, I was wrong. French food is not all just about having 1/2 cooked fishes and foie gras, they have so much more to offer!! The lunch set is really value for money! The service is excellent. The waiters/waitresses are always attentive to your needs, we never run out of water. Reservation is recommended.