“Good not amazing”
Review of Caprice (Central)

Caprice (Central)
Ranked #20 of 8,204 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Michelin starred French restaurant, Caprice is located on Level 6 of Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong. Enjoy contemporary French cuisine accompanied by an extensive selection of wines, one of the city's largest selection of French artisanal cheeses flown in weekly from France and panoramic Victoria Harbour Views.
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Good not amazing”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Caprice markets and prices itself as one of the worlds best restaurants with 3 Michelin stars, but it doesn't quite live up to the claim. Moscow's Les Menus is both cheaper and in a different league of quality and creativity.
I had the 7 course Taste of Caprice menu at ~200eur (with 1 glass of wine).

Highlights
- Light and tasty Tourteau Crab Tiramisu
- Delicious John Dory Fillet - Pickled Macaroni and Gremolata in Aged Parmesan Emulsion
- sliced duck breast medium rare, with lovely duck confit wrapped like a parcel in onion served with broad beans and jus
- Wild Strawberries - Yoghurt Meringue, Jasmine Cream, Frozen Yoghurt strawberry
- friendly and accommodating staff
- beautiful harbour view.

Lowlights
- Price with wine frighteningly expensive.
- kitchen is open plan which should be fantastic, but the layout means you can't actually see the interesting detail work. Could learn a lot from Iggy's in Singapore, both layout and creativity in the dishes.
- amuse bush not amazing, small cheese and ham sandwich with small piece of pickled olive on salty peso
- Foie gras was boring and unnecessary with so many other nice courses to enjoy.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ScottAbroad_11

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
“Impeccable Service, great location, differing views on food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I visited Caprice seven years ago, ate the tasting menu and loved it. I was very excited to return with my husband and 4 other friends. As others have said the service was impeccable: the staff were perfectly attentive without being intrusive, extremely knowledgeable, multi-lingual and all had a great sense of humour, which was refreshing.

The six of us ordered a wide variety of dishes from the a la carte. I loved both my starter and my main - in fact I will go as far to say that the smoked beef I chose for my main with bone marrow mousse and carrot puree was spectacular. However, some of my friends were not nearly as impressed with their dishes and felt disappointed rather than delighted. The Sommelier assisted us with wine choices: delicious, no complaints from anybody there. We chose some port to accompany what is possibly the best cheese selection I have ever seen and then shared 2 portions of beautiful chocolate and coconut dessert. All 6 of us loved that.

My personal disappointment was that we were in a corner and despite the fabulous decor and stunning harbour views from the floor to ceiling windows, my seat afforded me a view of a blank wall. It also meant that any atmosphere in the restaurant was not apparent to us. It was also very expensive but then it is a 3* restaurant in the Four Seasons in Hong Kong! No surprise there! For these reasons I have given a 4 star review and not a 5 star one.

Would I go back? Yes, absolutely. However, my husband remains to be convinced.

Would I go back

2 Thank HKNIamh
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Loved it.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We ate here whilst staying at the four seasons. The food was great definitely the best meal we had whilst staying in HK.
The staff were great (like the hotel staff). Great food and great wine.
Will be back.

Sydney, Australia
“Great food; very good service; beautiful restaurant - book it!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food was of the highest standard, with the smaller dishes complementing the others beautifully. In terms of the detail (photos attached):
* Welcome amuse bouche of crisp bread and olive tapenade
* Amuse bouche of warm vaucluse asparagus and orange mousseline sauce
* Starter of green pea veloute and morel mushrooms
* Main of fregola sarda gremolata and arugula leaves in aged parmesan emulsion
* Pre-dessert of strawberry mouse
* Petit four
* Dessert of blackcurrents and white chocolate

Service, whilst personal (several staff referring my name) and attentive, at times it was a little over the top, e.g. hovering to remove the plate immediately upon finishing.

2 Thank nick164
singapore
“First attempt on a 3* Michline Resturant”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I have tried many fine dining around Asia region. Having a liking for French cuisine and reading positive comments and having recommendation from some Hong Kong friends that carprice is one of the best frech resturant HK has to offer.

The ambience and server level can't be fault. However, the server had my main ordered wrongly. Wanted a wagyu beef tenderloin but was given the normal grain-fed beef.

Taste wise its one of the better ones i had in terms of fine dining. However, I expected more from a 3* Michline Resturant for what I have paid. No wow factor which impress me when I first had my fine dining French experience in Singapore.

• Visited April 2013