Caprice markets and prices itself as one of the worlds best restaurants with 3 Michelin stars, but it doesn't quite live up to the claim. Moscow's Les Menus is both cheaper and in a different league of quality and creativity.
I had the 7 course Taste of Caprice menu at ~200eur (with 1 glass of wine).
- Light and tasty Tourteau Crab Tiramisu
- Delicious John Dory Fillet - Pickled Macaroni and Gremolata in Aged Parmesan Emulsion
- sliced duck breast medium rare, with lovely duck confit wrapped like a parcel in onion served with broad beans and jus
- Wild Strawberries - Yoghurt Meringue, Jasmine Cream, Frozen Yoghurt strawberry
- friendly and accommodating staff
- beautiful harbour view.
- Price with wine frighteningly expensive.
- kitchen is open plan which should be fantastic, but the layout means you can't actually see the interesting detail work. Could learn a lot from Iggy's in Singapore, both layout and creativity in the dishes.
- amuse bush not amazing, small cheese and ham sandwich with small piece of pickled olive on salty peso
- Foie gras was boring and unnecessary with so many other nice courses to enjoy.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.