“Best Restaurant So Far (Lunch)”
Review of Caprice (Central)

Caprice (Central)
Ranked #23 of 9,150 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Michelin starred French restaurant, Caprice is located on Level 6 of Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong. Enjoy contemporary French cuisine accompanied by an extensive selection of wines, one of the city's largest selection of French artisanal cheeses flown in weekly from France and panoramic Victoria Harbour Views.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants my family has ever been to. All the children are above the age of 16, so we were not travelling with young ones. The food was by far the best in Hong Kong, with a decent range of food and perfect presentation. the service was impeccable with the waiters attending to your every need. Every last detail about your dining was flawless. The atmosphere was amazing with beautiful harbour views and stunning decor. It was a dining experience that no one should miss.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family dinner at the Caprice was a memorable affair not least the excellent and refined French cuisine, served in the romantic ambience of the elegant dining room. The appetiser Crab Tiramisu and the dessert Mango Parfait were brilliant, worthy of the 3 star Michelin accreditation. I found my Pigeon main course with foie gras and sweetbread a little rich and heavy, but nevertheless very good. I would point out what makes this restaurant stand out from most restaurants is the exceptional and attentive service, helped by a healthy staff patrons ratio. The waiters tried hard without ever giving a hint of being condescending or pushy, which can happen in certain top end restaurants.They also took the initiative of introducing complimentary desserts for us to try, which was a nice touch.
Prices are not cheap, but you are assured of a complete and satisfying dining experience

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were booked in on a Wednesday night and were lucky enough to get a table by the window. The view was spectacular. Having said that the restaurant itself looked pretty amazing itself with huge chandeliers and a very french themed decor. We ordered the tasting menu just so we could experience everything and we were not disappointed. Each course was impressive and the cheese board was nothing short of incredible - make sure you include this in your meal. The service was faultless , it was so attentive but very inobstrusive. It is expensive but I loved this restaurant.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I am reminded of this line from Matthew's gospel when I had lunch the other day at this most decorated restaurant in the region. Everyone raves about this place. I agree wholeheartedly that the service is good and the restaurant very professionally run.

I am afraid by the highest standards, the food, though most carefully prepared, was uninspired and uninspiring. Two stars for the effort, but simply not good enough for three.

But what really stunned me was having to stare at the pile of crumbs on my table throughout the meal with no one bothering to brush them away. Clearly, the garcons were not trained to understand the psychology of this; the patron has made a mess, please remove this mess so that he does not feel like a baby making a mess at the table.

Good service, yes, but there is still a long way to go.

The easiest way is to replace the young French manager, who does make you feel you are eating crumbs from the master's table.

My apology to the restaurant for giving them 3 out of 5. Caprice is emphatically better than average, but I cannot bring myself to say it is 'very good'.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Located in the Four Seasons Hotel, Caprice is a jewel for French food in HK. Reserve a table next to the window and you will have the view of Kowloon TST area. Excellent food and services, good wine selection but I brought my own wine. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Uncle_Vin