- Beautiful lobby with lots of high-end shops to browse through while you wait while the rest of your party wait in the line, unless you're by yourself.
- Good value for what you get. It's not cheap but it's also not expensive for the tea service, the live band, and the whole experience, comparing to what you get for the same price in other parts of the world (e.g. I'm comparing to New York, London, Bermuda, and some other less-expensive spots)
- The tea/coffee selection and the option to order 2 afternoon tea services although there were 3 of us; we weren't sure if this would be ok, but the person who took our order even mentioned that was a good idea and had no issues with it (also an option for those who want to save a little bit)
- The 4- or 5-piece string band who were all wearing white gloves the afternoon we visited, and who are perched on a balcony above you so you can glance at them whenever you like
- The service - refilling your beverage at just the right time, not rushing you through or taking too long...absolute perfection
- The wait, which was over an hour to get a table (for 3); I've seen other reviews of reserving a table so would look into this next time. With our schedule, we couldn't quite plan it and went to Hong Kong planning to go there for tea but just not sure of the day/time. Still, the view and shopping did well to take the time away
- Very large seating area so it's possible there could have been 1 or 2 tables at the end where noise from people waiting or shoppers might have been a factor, but not sure, as our table was in a gret spot
Reading about what to do in Hong Kong, this seemed like a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the busy city and its other attractions. Yes, it also had a slight air of being touristy but after experiencing it, you could tell it wasn't meant that way. I think if I lived there, I would honestly probably do it maybe once every two months or so.
- You are provided with a pot of hot water to keep your tea from getting too strong or bitter
- You are offered different types of coffee as well as tea if that's what you fancy
- The sandwiches are decadent and made with fresh soft bread
- The desserts are sweet, sticky, colourful, and delicious!
- Service staff are helpful, friendly, courteous, patient, and responsive -- so whatever they are doing to train their staff on customer service is right!
- No real reason in my opinion for not giving this experience the full 5/5