“The Best Wonton Noodles $32 HKD Can Buy”

Wing Wah Noodle Shop
Ranked #396 of 8,210 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Manila, Philippines
“The Best Wonton Noodles $32 HKD Can Buy”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were in Wanchai and Wing Wah was highly recommended at cnngo. The service, was horrible! The waiter pushed us to 2 empty seats at the end of the room. Beside us, was a father and son who was bothered by the electric fan facing them so they decided to move to a different table. And the same man who pushed us to our seats started yelling at them not to move around. Horrible.

I wouldn't say the wonton noodles were bad, there was just nothing particularly great about it. The noodles and the broth were ok. The wonton could be better. With all the wonton noodles Ive had in my life, I think its just as good as any wonton noodles $32 HKD can buy. Because of that man, I would not go back to this place again.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank jApdoLL

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
california
“Cantonese wonton noodle made the old fashion way”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Wing Wah is famous for its Cantonese wonton noodle made the old fashion way, by hand using a bambo pole. If you like Cantonese Wonton, then this is a place you should try. The shop is small, so sharing a table is common practice here; come here for their noodle, not for the ambient. If you can, avoid the local lunch hours (i.e. 1pm to 2pm.) One can ask for the noodle to be cooked longer, not an uncommon practice for seniors. Don't hesitate to try their red bean soup dessert.

New York City, New York
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Saw this on some show. I didn't care for the broth flavor, or the noodle texture/consistence or taste. Nice service though.
First night in HK so was worried I wasn't going to like the food here like I had thought. Luckily after this night it got better and better. I just stayed away from ordering noodles/wontons again.

Vienna
“unexpected”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

we had a great experience. when we sat down the entire kitchen had their diner next to us - and they knew their food.... a few smiles and friendly gestures later, they sent us small plates of the amazing sesame/ginger infused chicken dish, delightful.. we got our order, the wonton noodle soup lived up to the reviews, but somehow the pork leg was even tastier than you would expect.

very welcoming & good hearty food, friendly to everyone, tasty for everyone.. zero prejudice.. great place!

Visited March 2012
Camberley, Surrey.
“Excellent Shrimp Wonton Noodles”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I visited Wing Wah noodle shop on 5th March...
It's right on the main road (Hennessy Road) and is pretty easy to find.

The restaurant was busy, and we shared a table with two strangers. This is common in these Hong Kong eateries, and nobody seems to mind, so wasn't a problem.

I ordered the shrimp wonton noodles ($32) and my girlfriend had BBQ Pork Noodles ($34)

The food was served very quickly, and was excellent.
Definitely the most tasty wonton noodles I've ever had!

I could easily of had 2 or more bowls!