“Tea - Disappointing Experience”
Review of Cova - Lee Gardens

Cova - Lee Gardens
Ranked #1,670 of 8,210 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
London
“Tea - Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We had tea there, quality of food was poor, services were slow. Bad acoustic!

• Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Barcelona, Spain
“Worst experience in Hong Kong”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Confectioneries have a great advantage in Asia because its harder to make a comparison.

But one does not have to be Eastern European to see that the Cafe Cova at Lee Gardens is being unrespectful towards its customers.

Did we really deserve to eat on paper plates for this price?

• Visited February 2012
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Good breakast”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Good spot for breakast but their stuff isnot typical but the have the best coffee I have had in hong kong

“UNBELIEVABLY bad!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Went here for an impromptu dinner, after remembering how much a friend perviously liked it so much (a friend who is a real foodie and eats regularly at fine restaurants - as do I).
Service was truly abysmal. I was in the bathroom when they offered bread so needless to say was never offered any.
Only a set meal was presented the menu however we were fortunately able to order a-la-carte (I'm pregnant and didn't fancy a full three courses), although we had to ask for the prices for a-la-carte dishes). Entrees/secondis were $340 so not too bad for a dish at such an establishment...until you realise this is for 2 (yes TWO) of the smallest lamb cutlets we've seen in our lives, around a tablespoon of mashed potatoe and 4 pieces on green beans. Yes. Really. Hardly what I would call an entree.
The fact that this so-called main course took almost an hour to arrive was laughable and would've been amusing had our patience not been worn so thinly by the lack of service.
The restaurant had become busier whilst we ate (we arrived at around 8pm), and despite a multitude of staff they were clearly unable to cope.
We ordered coffees but after waiting a further 20 minutes for those we decided to leave. the bill took a further 10 minutes...so we asked to speak to the manager.
It appeared that the staff/kitchen found it difficult to cope with a large table and other diners at the same time (the explanation given by the manager for the delay in our food being served). This also resulted in our being charged for 4 bottles of water instead of the 2 we actually had. Luckily they didn't charge us for the coffees (nor did they offer them gratis despite our appalling experience) but nonetheless wanted to charge for service despite our receiving none!!!
My risotto was quite nice, if not the best I've ever had but this really failed to redeem which was honestly the worst I've ever had. Four people with 4 main courses and glasses of mineral water each coming in at just under HK$1,900, with atrocious service was quite frankly disgusting and this restaurant chain should be thoroughly ashamed of itself. Furthermore I cannot believe any Italian chef worth his salt would think the paltry 2 teeny-tiny cutlet portion (and minuscule) accompaniments would be something to be proud of, nor worth the price tag.
So bad I will be recommending to all my friends - recommending them NOT to go there!!! And have been so angered to taking to writing my first restaurant review ever.