“Perfect place for a tea break and a vegeterian dim sum and great athosphere”
Review of Lock Cha Tea Shop

Lock Cha Tea Shop
Ranked #412 of 9,957 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Lock Cha Tea shop has two locations - one in Admiralty and another one in Sheung Wan.

The first one is a tea room where you can enjoy a fantastic cup of tea (I had white tea rose) and vegeterian dim sum - the variety of teas, the athmosphere make this place perfect for a break, this is the place where you would like to go back every day, in fact we went back a few times.

The one in Sheung Wan does not have a tea room, therefore you can have tea tasting, this is a very good shop where you can buy all kind of white, black, green, yellow and red teas.

The very kind hostesses give you all the explanations and tips for making a perfect cup of tea, the prices are absolutely reasonable - I spent over an hour in the shop and bought many different kind of teas,

As a tip if you are visiting Man Mo temple - Lock Cha - Sheoung Wan is less than five minutes walking.

A stop at Lock Cha is a must.. enjoy it !!

2  Thank rtwtraveller10

Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is a great place...a museum above (when I was there there was a nice exhibit of chops and pottery) and by the teaware museum which was also interesting...so it's a great place to rest. The atmosphere feels like the turn of the last century. You have choices of teas and great vegetarian dim sum. It's quiet. It's a nice place to relax for a bit. I understand that they do tea appreciation events, and that sounds interesting...I saw a group gathered for one as I left. Once you start enjoying good tea, it's hard to go back! Definitely, if you are in the area, this is a nice place to take a break!

2  Thank Babzkk
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Very good vegetarian dim sum and a nice choice of high-quality teas. Reasonable prices, good atmosphere, and good service add up to an enjoyable dining experience. Many of the HK dim sum restaurants are very noisy and this one is much quieter which my friends and I appreciated. Excellent restaurant to enjoy eating good food and talking with friends.

1  Thank TokyoEric
Reviewed September 22, 2011

we were so pleased we made the effort to find this on a sweltering day in HK. Inside it was cool and inviting with dark old furniture, screens etc. Tea expensive, but best quality and worth it. We also had dim sum, which were a good light lunch in the heat. Overall this fits perfectly to the atmosphere of HK - outside crowded hot and surrounded by skysrapers, inside a Chinese heritage teahouse.

1  Thank gaffelaar
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We signed up for the Hong Kong Tea Appreciation Class that are held in Lock Cha Tea Shop, and got there early to have the actual teahouse experience.

It was wonderful. The menu of teas is remarkable. Prices start at about $38 for a serving (in short you get either a large glass or a small pot, depending on what you order), up to $10,000 for a particularly well admired pu'er black tea. We each choose a different type of tea - white tea for me, red tea for my father in law and a green team for my wife.

The serving of the tea was very elegant, and it felt like a wonderful ceremony.

We also ordered some dim sum dishes to accompany - which were very delicate and authentic.

Overall, we had a wonderful time. The tea appreciation class that followed was also superb (the best thing we did in our entire 2 week holiday).

1  Thank oneGOLDtwo