“Disappointing dinner for 2”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 10,582 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The last time I went to Morton's in HK was 13 years ago and I have not been back since, as it was a disappointing experience. And I think it will be another 13 years before I come back again. It started great, the bar staff are excellent! Friendly, and made good cocktails. But the inside the restaurant it was lite up like a Christmas tree. All light on full power. And the aircon was proberbly set to ice cold! So the environment was not good. Also it was incredibly loud, we almost had to shout at one another to speak! So no conversation over a nice quiet dinner was possible. As for our steaks, we where looking forward to the most moist, juicy and tender steaks. At 700$ ++ you would expect nothing less. But honestly we had the same at other places in HK for half the price. Sorry just not woth it.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Morton's is a global brand, and its one that can maintain its quality throughout each location, this one does not disappoint. Go hungry its a lot of food.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Best steak and service in Hong Kong wine list pricy but extensive. As its in the Sheraton it is convenient and attractive.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I visit Morton's from time to time when in Hong Kong, it's a bit too pricey to be a regular place to go to but it always delivers old food.

This time I visited with a fellow carnivore and we opted for the big tenderloins with creamed spinach and fries. The meat quality is very good but unfortunately this time my steak was a bit over cooked ( Medium instead of Medium Rare). A bit disappointing but I was too hungry to send it back. The fries were (only) ok but the spinach was excellent.

The 4 rating may be somewhat generous given this visit but the food quality, service and environment is generally very good at Morton's - and with their price levels they should be. I'll definitely visit again and review again if the slight quality dip from this time seems to be a trend.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

The steak and extras were very good. It isn't cheap but delivers exactly what it should. Well below what you would expect from a US based steak house.

Been to Morton's - The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!