“decent pizza - but what's w/ the charity charge on the bill??”

Wildfire Pizzabar (Sai Wan Ho)
Reserve a table
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #6,588 of 15,564 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lei King Wan
Description: This Wildfire pizzabar outlet is along the harbour promenade at Lei King Wan. The practical layout can section into different dining and drinking zones simultaneously, greatly suitable for private or semi-private functions. Guests can view the magnificent Victoria Harbour straight from the window seating from day to night. A private room is also available. The neighbourhood is family and pet-friendly making this outlet an exceptional gathering point during holidays.
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I've been to Wildfire on Knutsford Terrace in TST a few times and every time I get the bill I become annoyed that they charge a "charity" fee. The food is ok, though quite overpriced - but don't take it upon yourself Wildfire to require me to make a donation to your charity. It should be optional, and quite frankly it's rude. I make donations to MY choice of charity. Even if it's 20 cents it's not Wildfire's place to automatically add this to your bill. Annoying. I will go eat expensive pizza elsewhere in HK.

Date of visit: January 2011
Write a reviewReviews (67)

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Wildfire is located in an old building at the end of Stanley embankment. No so many of visitors know that this building called Murray House former was located in the HK centre, but was moved from that place and built once again.

Wildfire has the best location in this building: on the second floor with a view over all bay, you can see to the sunset in evening here. Open terrace is very nice.

The kitchen is excellent and for reasonable price. Service is also quite good.

Date of visit: July 2010
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Krustford Terrace is not easy to get to and three out of four taxi drivers took wrong turns, so thankfully, there are plenty of resturants on this street to fit the tightest budget. We tried Wildfire las night. We were told on the phone reservations were required, even insisted we leave our international cellphone number (the hotel wasn't good enough with our first and last names and room number?). When we got there, the place was empty. Dead. We were escorted to a table with a reserved sign on it and thought this was too funny. We ordered "Mock Cocktails." My huuband had a mock sangria that was grape juice-fused, but which I found to be watery. I had the mock margarita which had a wonderful sweet mango taste! I caved and ordered the Wildfire Platter hoping to get a taste of their "specialities." The fried food on the left of the platter: prawns, calamari and onion rings was dismal. The prawns on a stick were passable, but the onion rings were undercooked and the calamari was tasteless. Next, the fried, marinated chicken wings were nothing special AT ALL. Even the sause for this was weird and did only marginally help the chicken wings. Next, I had the smoked salmon. This was done very nicely, with capers and crisp salad on top with artichokes...devine, but too little to really elevate the previous two items. Next and last, was the eggplant parmasean. Despite its idiotic height (stacked three inches high, rounded tomatoes and eggplant with fresh, but too little cheese), this was the stunner on the plate. It was juicy, flavorful and the eggplant was breaded and cooked perfectly. I would have wanted more sauce, but necxt time, I will just order this and skip the other "specialties of Wildfire." We waitied a lifetime for our waiter to come back, so by the time he noticed us at the end of our meal, we decided to skip dessert here and move on through the night. If you are unsure about which place to eat on Krutsford and you want thin-crust pizza or have a hangering for Egglant Parmasean, go here. Otherwise, too much of a trek for such little payoff (although, the eggplant was PERFECT)! Maybe drinking real drinks would make this more worthwhile, but we don't inbibe.

1  Thank oreostuff
Reviewed April 24, 2009

1st time at the Stanley one I didn't think too much of it as it wasn't very special. Staff service was average, food below average, price is a rip off. Gave it a 2nd try and the service this time really turned me off. Pretty much forced our party of 5 to order all buffet. If only 4 ordered buffet than "if we catch the 5th person eating some buffet food, we'll charge you". Great attitude!!! By the way, the food was pretty bad so the 5th person had no appetite from looking at it.

Bottom line, we won't be going there again or to any of the group's establishments

Reviewed January 22, 2009

I was wondering if during the Economy Crisis the service would approve. Nothing outstanding even bad attitude of restaurant staff at Terrace Knutsford outlet. Well overprized for what you get