“Had a Great lunch and not so perfect dinner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Spring Moon

Spring Moon
Ranked #81 of 7,917 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: The Peninsula's Michelin-starred Cantonese restaurant presents fine Chinese cuisine in its purest form, steered by renowned Chinese Cuisine Executive Chef Gordon Leung. Specialities include an array of seafood, superlative dim sum and the restaurant’s acclaimed XO sauce made to a secret recipe. Dim sum at Spring Moon is a timeless classic, featuring expertly crafted favourites from pan-fried dumplings filled with pork, cabbage and mushrooms to baked crispy buns with minced Wagyu beef, onions and black pepper and steamed red Sicilian prawn soup dumplings with a refined twist.
New South Wales
“Had a Great lunch and not so perfect dinner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had lunch in Spring Moon our first day at the Peninsula. The food was all so different from what I am used to, but, the others in our party all raved over it. It was my first meal in Asia ever and had been told prior that it was the REAL Chinese food, it was certainly different looking. I stuck to my fried rice which was excellent. The candied walnuts they serve when first seated went down a treat as well. The table settings were nice and food once ordered came out in good time.
I was taken aback when one of the chicken dishes came out with a perfect severed head added as decoration, I assume, I don't think it was there for eating.
Went back our last night for dinner, while waiting for a table popped into The Bar for a quiet drink while listening to some soft piano.
Two in our party had ordered the same dish and were not happy with it at all, my rice was fine and the rest of the party enjoyed their meals as well. My partner mentioned the fact that the two chicken dishes were very dry and a bit off to the Maître D and their meals were removed from the bill which was decent of them. Since it was our last night no one wanted to make a big scene, even though my partner and the other lady who had the same dish both had upset tummy's overnight, but nothing too drastic.
Hopefully it was a one time thing and was not be enough to put us off from going back again. We had a great time and good wine.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank SoCalexpat

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
“Food was good, but not spectacular. Service is decent, but not amazing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Came here before mid-autumn's festival for a lunch meal and to pick up my Spring Moon Peninsula moon cakes which are FAR MORE superior than the Peninsula ones! As someone had the Peninsula CC and it was their birthday month, we got a complimentary bottle of Peninsula's own champagne to go with our dim sum, this was amazing and probably made the lunch better than it really was. As for the dim sum dishes, the price is of course expensive, but was it worth it? I didn't think they were all that great. Some were spectacular like the crab dumplings stood out a lot for me, some were quite ordinary for the price point. Would I come back here again for dim sum? Probably not. I might try dinner here, the decor is very nice and retro, but don't expect a quiet place. The crowd is quite loud.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank vivleung
London, United Kingdom
“Exquisite cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just came back from a great di net at the Spring Moon. Interesting, subtle dishes, very well cooked. Lovely unhurried, uncrowded atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Alastair M
San Diego CA
“Good food, slow service, pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Food was tasty. Service a bit slow - more like "dining" vs. eating. We ordered a la carte (vs. Prix Fixe) and spent about $100/person including drinks.

Visited July 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Delicious Peking Duck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I visited Spring Moon this week whilst on a short business trip to Hong Kong and was as equally as impressed as previous reviewers. Both the food and the service were excellent. I had the sweetcorn and crab soup followed by the Peking duck. The duck comes in 2 servings. First the duck with pancakes served with hoi sin sauce was beautiful, the duck artfully carved at our table. This was followed by the remaining duck stir fried with vegetables and served in lettuce leaves was also excellent.

The service was excellent, and the staff were helpful and knowledgeable when advising on menu options and portion sizes.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant in particular the Peking duck. The Pennisula champagne was also very tasty!

• Visited July 2013