“Dim Sum that lets you book a table”

Lei Garden - International Finance Centre
Ranked #668 of 9,700 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Excellent dim sum and one of the only places serving dim sum that will allow you to book a table. I usually go to the Shatin one in New Town Plaza but have also found the same quality food in the Mongkok branch

1  Thank OS_HK1

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Had dinner in the Times Square, Causeway Bay branch. No Dim Sum at dinner, but most of the dishes offered are interesting and delicious. The room is bright and pleasant. The service is OK.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

When you order food, they keep on selling the expensive items. I just want a quality traditional Chinese dinner. I order several items, but most of them come back with a result that items are sold up. I looked at the watch, it is only 7:15pm.
The food quality and service is not as good as the one in Central.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I heard so much of other dim sum place such as Tim Ho wan in Hong Kong but I couldn't wait for hours to get a seat. But I ended up in Kowloon Houston center as recommended by Shangri-La's concierge on Lei Garden just right opposite the hotel. Went there without reservation but I should have was it not a Monday, ordered a few common dim sum, and its really decent and not costly given the set up of this nice restaurant in hong kong. We ordered more as we stay on looking at other locals frm next table having some nicer stuff and since we couldn't read Chinese, the waitress offered an English menu and even ask us if we needed help, which is not often the case in most restaurant here. We ended our meal with a mango pudding and when we got back to the hotel was told by the concierge that this place has been around for decades and alot of locals prefer to have dim sum here cos the quality and service is very recommendable. I couldn't agree more and I am definitely gonna be back and have the wonderful "char siu bao" all by myself

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We came here for a family meal to celebrate a birthday on a Saturday night. We booked a week in advance for 7.30. We arrived at 7.30 and were told the table wasn't ready. The attitude from the staff was that they couldn't care less, very uninterested, not very friendly. Eventually we were sat at our table and when we tried to order at 7.45 on a saturday night, we were told half the menu items were sold out or unavailable. The waitress tried to make us order expensive items like prawns, abalone, lobster. We rejected them all as that would have cost USD $100 just for one dish! We ordered less expensive items, which was ok, but to be honest a tad on the salty side and not that impressive. After the meal, they brought our bill before we even asked for it. I have to say Lei Garden is not worth the trip, very disappointing, please do not come here. Go somewhere else, Ming Court or the Mandarin Oriental chinese restaurant are both MUCH better, the food worth eating / paying for, but most importantly, the service is a million times better.