“We go over and over and over again...”
Review of Istanbul Express

Istanbul Express
Ranked #1,433 of 8,564 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Denver, Colorado
“We go over and over and over again...”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We randomly found this place but so grateful. Now its a must for us anytime we are near it, and even take to go when heading back into Shenzhen. The service is outstanding and very helpful. We had a small child that was extremely tired-they offered him a variety of fruit to help calm him.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank travelingtoday

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Nanjing, China
“nice food”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

generous portions, delicious kofta kebabs, friendly service. I tried both locations and didn't feel the food was as good at the Hart Ave shop.

Visited January 2012
Makati, Philippines
“Hearty and Tasty”
Reviewed April 3, 2011

After being noodled out in Hong Kong, I chanced upon this restaurant at Hart Road in TST. It's a bit cramped with a seating capacity of only about 10. The meal combos were great value. I had the Chicken Doner combo that came with a drink. It was a welcome change as the food was tasty and cooked just right. I left full and satisfied.

Visited March 2011
2 Thank bryantpark88
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fast, clean and tasty in Wan Chai”
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Had the pleasure to eat here twice on recent family trip to Hong Kong. Service was very friendly, food was very good but nothing to rave about. Good quality and a good price. It is very small and pretty much in the heart of the night club district in Wan Chai which in itself makes for an interesting early night out and walk around the streets to and from your hotel if close by. Makes for a change from the local food if your stay is a little longer.

Hong Kong, China
“Should change back to their former chef”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Used to go to their Wan Chai branch the past three years. Before that I used to go to the Ebeneezer's but after their Kebabs had more and more muscle meat a friend brought me to the Istanbul Express which used to have big portions and really good tasty quality Kebab on a plate.
Well, the the portions were getting smaller, which is not unusual because their reputation spread, drawing customers from the nearby Ebeneezer's.
I went there again a few weeks back with the finish family of my girlfriends sister.
I usually have the lamb kebab on a plate, but on that visit it looked and tasted more like spam meat. The garnish was still ok, but who visits a restaurant for the garnish?
At the moment I can't recommend the Istanbul Express, but I really hope they get their former chef back. I'm starving for his delicious lahmacun and kebabs.

1 Thank ryanhk